Surface 2 Apps?

streifenleopard

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I got a used Surface 2 which is in totally unused condition.
I knew that the app situation was dire but I didn't expect so many limitations.
I was interested in the S2 because I thought a 16:9-screen was good for watching videos.
I am in love with the device as such and with the screen but I am looking for quite a lot of features:
1. While there is no problem in mapping network drives I cannot get the content of the network drives (ie on a Synology NAS) to play through MS's own apps (ie Xbox Videos, Photos, and Music). How do you guys solve this? This should be an easy fix for MS?
Windows tells me that the locations are not indexed, however, I have included them into the Media Indexing on my NAS.
2. There does not seem to be any Podcast app? Xbox Music can't play podcasts either? Is this for real? I am looking for sth to import an .opml-file into.
3. Is there a decent newsreader available to which I can transfer my inoreader-subscriptions?
4. Is there an alternative to the official calendar app that can read my .ical-files from the Baikal server I set up on my NAS? If not, I will just ignore any the S2 when it comes to business organisation...
Thank you for replies (in case there are still S2 users...)

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I think there are apps/things to do everything you want with your s2. Somone who has one will chime in soon and help you along I'm sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss