Does Microsoft have their own keynote?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I thought they were supposed to be announcing Apollo at MWC. Was that just rumor and speculation?

I see why they wouldn't. Why would someone buy a Lumia 610 if they found out it wasn't going to be supported by Apollo half a year down the road. (I'm not sure if the Lumia 610 would be supported or not).

EAA575

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think they did (just a press conference, I believe), for windows phone, to announce Tango. Apollo was just speculation. And they also have the Windows 8 keynote, so they could announce Apollo there.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

Eirenarch

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing they should really say about Apollo is if current devices will be upgradeable. For everything else they'd better do it like Apple - announce it when you can show it.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
From my understanding, they are having a seperate press conference to talk about Windows 8. They are doing it in Barcelona, but it is not part of MWC. Sounds like it was a last minute thing and the reason they are doing it in Barcelona is because key members of the Windows 8 team are already over there. At least that is what I rad on Thurrott's site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99