Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    ?

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    No. They will have a Windows 8 event this Wednesday. If we are lucky maybe they throw us a bone.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    I thought they were supposed to be announcing Apollo at MWC. Was that just rumor and speculation?

I see why they wouldn't. Why would someone buy a Lumia 610 if they found out it wasn't going to be supported by Apollo half a year down the road. (I'm not sure if the Lumia 610 would be supported or not).
    [VZW] HTC Trophy owner
    [Follow me: Xbox Live | Twitter]

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I think they did (just a press conference, I believe), for windows phone, to announce Tango. Apollo was just speculation. And they also have the Windows 8 keynote, so they could announce Apollo there.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

The only thing they should really say about Apollo is if current devices will be upgradeable. For everything else they'd better do it like Apple - announce it when you can show it.
    Furthermore, I think apps must be able to override the search button with contextual search.
    http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...-search-button

Global Posts
    1,741 Global Posts
    From my understanding, they are having a seperate press conference to talk about Windows 8. They are doing it in Barcelona, but it is not part of MWC. Sounds like it was a last minute thing and the reason they are doing it in Barcelona is because key members of the Windows 8 team are already over there. At least that is what I rad on Thurrott's site.