And the winner for best budget smartphone goes too...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
And the award for best budget smartphone goes too...

Like you didn't know. ;)

Best of Mobile World Congress 2012

nokia-lumia-610_ss.jpg

"Though the Lumia 610 will be marketed at budget-conscious consumers, Nokia didn?t skimp on this Windows Phone?s style or software. Available with a stunning metallic-edged black, cyan, red or white bezel, this handset (189 Euros unsubsidized) looks sexier than ,any high-end superphones. Even with just 256MB of RAM and a lower-end 800-MHz processor, the Lumia 610 provides smooth performance when navigating through Windows Phone 7.5 and using Nokia?s suite of innovative applications. It?s also the first phone to come bundled with Nokia Transport, a new app that helps you plan a route using public transportation rather than a car."

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
YAYA, go NOKIA!

WINS at CES WINS at MWC!!

keep it up!

i was sort of expecting a HTC Android or something.

NOKIA ALL THE WAY!

( sent from my SAMSUNG LOL )

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just love the look of the 610, I know someone that would absolutely love it and would get it for them if the price is right.

They don't need heavy specs but they just love my Windows Phone. :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I was one of those that didn't believe this device was real, and also made fun of the cheaper than 710 but better looking.

Good heavens, looks what's for dinner.

iStock_000014734522XSmall.jpg

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I think a suggested price of €189 was shown in the background projections during the presentation, and with an 800x480 display it feels like it should provide a better "smartphone experience" than droids in that price range, which usually seem the have lower resolutions (HTC Explorer and Galaxy Ace for example).

I think it will be a hit.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
By most accounts, the design and build quality of the 610 is much better than that of the 710. The specs of course are in the favor of the 710, but really the only difference is the RAM. For most users, they will not even notice this, although I am still staunchly against lowering the specs. Technology should always be moving forward.
Personally, though, I would have no problem selecting the 610 for my mother, daughter, or even my wife if she wanted it. The key factor is that it is just prettier than the 710. I hope the 610 is released in the 'States soon!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans