Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The circle with the old non metro Windows logo just isn't doing it anymore. Does anyone want to put something together on photoshop to see what they can do?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    I agree that its a little stale specially with WP8 coming out .

maybe they are waiting for WP8 before they change it , maybe they liek it the way it is..

ether way we have a GREAT team here at WPcentral with some great innovative artistic Minds..

im sure they will think of something if they really wanted to :)
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Post them up we can take a look. I personally have ZERO photo shop skills so the chance of me coming up with something is slim.
    selfcreation likes this.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?

I hope to come up with a few more ideas based on all your feedback. :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wpcentral_newlogo.jpg  
    Last edited by htom; 06-21-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htom View Post
    I whipped up some quick sketches...let me know what you think. More or less Metro?
    I like the top, and the second row, left.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    32,977 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I can't view the image. :(

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Is it possible to combine new and old logo that the old logo seems to evolve to new logo ? It will be a temporary cool new WPCentral logo. It will also promote WP8 and Windows 8.

The top one looks almost exactly like a logo I was making for a personal site I am starting. With different letters of course. Now I have to change it so people don't think I copied you!

Of course, that's my favorite of the ones you posted. Like looking at a building from a corner and seeing lights on that spell the letters.

lol.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    How about something simple like this? I mean metro style is about simplicity, right? Would it be a problem to use the exact same logo as MS?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

That top right looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    How about something simple like this? I mean metro style is about simplicity, right? Would it be a problem to use the exact same logo as MS?

Yup.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    Yup.
    LOL! :lol::lol:

That's what I thought, too bad.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    The top one looks almost exactly like a logo I was making for a personal site I am starting. With different letters of course. Now I have to change it so people don't think I copied you!

Of course, that's my favorite of the ones you posted. Like looking at a building from a corner and seeing lights on that spell the letters.

lol.
    Don't Samsung me! :)
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Here are my ideas:

The idea behind them was to use a MS inspired square and set them into a context.
    In my case let WPC become the "portal" or "gate" into all WP related stuff. Thats why the logos look like an open door or window with the (door)frame around them.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wpc.jpg  

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommikovski View Post
    Here are my ideas:

The idea behind them was to use a MS inspired square and set them into a context.
    In my case let WPC become the "portal" or "gate" into all WP related stuff. Thats why the logos look like an open door or window with the (door)frame around them.

Cheers,
    Tom
    This ones cool...
    Gonna try this myself..give mr a couple of hours...
    Also..can some one plz revert on the website Makeover I did...its just a request..

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts

I honestly dont like this one
    Last edited by XENOPHOS; 08-29-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    What do u guys think??

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    V minute change compared to the previous one...

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Last one boys and girls...for the day...

still thinking of more...

Plz plz plz leave a feed back./...

Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Like the basic idea, XENOPHOS, but I do like the Central lettering under the design. There seems to be no "P" in the Modern (can't get used to that yet) Tiles even though there is a "W". Is that by design?

tommikovski I really like your bottom design. Just enough detail to it to make it eye catching.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmutt View Post
    Like the basic idea, XENOPHOS, but I do like the Central lettering under the design. There seems to be no "P" in the Modern (can't get used to that yet) Tiles even though there is a "W". Is that by design?

tommikovski I really like your bottom design. Just enough detail to it to make it eye catching.
    Thanks Snowmutt.
    If u see the white line and then the red block, that makes a P.
    In fact the Central was what I was most skeptical about.

Will give it one more shot.
    And no, in the original design, there was no W. I put it. :D
    So in short, P is the problem. Hmmm..
    Lemme see what I can do.

But Thanks a lot for ur feed back. Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

@Snowmutt: Thank you. i tried to keep it simple. Its the current Logo rectanglified :lol:

@Xenophobos: i would try a bold font for the W & C. Try to distort them into the right angle too. The square on the upper right could be a little bit smaller than the other squares - so the "P" will be more visible through the whitespace. Maybe could form the "W" like the "P" and just use a font for "central". The idea is good, just needs a little bit fine tuning :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommikovski View Post
    @Snowmutt: Thank you. i tried to keep it simple. Its the current Logo rectanglified :lol:

@Xenophobos: i would try a bold font for the W & C. Try to distort them into the right angle too. The square on the upper right could be a little bit smaller than the other squares - so the "P" will be more visible through the whitespace. Maybe could form the "W" like the "P" and just use a font for "central". The idea is good, just needs a little bit fine tuning :)
    Thanx a ton!! I loved ur designs too BTW. Will surely try what u said... cheers!

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.
    I'll be the party pooper and reveal that something wonderful is on the horizon for Windows Phone Central :) we thank you for the effort gone into the ideas though! We have had many internally, and it's extremely interesting the different paths available when attempting to be relevant but not infringing on Microsoft's branding.

Be patient, guys!

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
    Thanked by:
    GoodThings2Life and X0LARIUM like this.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    I'll be the party pooper and reveal that something wonderful is on the horizon for Windows Phone Central :) we thank you for the effort gone into the ideas though! We have had many internally, and it's extremely interesting the different paths available when attempting to be relevant but not infringing on Microsoft's branding.

Be patient, guys!
    WOOT!!!

Im happy AND SAD... :) :(

I knew this would happen somewhere...anyways...we can't wait... (at least I can't!!:D)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast