AT&T announce the Windows Phone is coming soon

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
AT&T isn't the only one. VErizon is also non-committal on dates, and T-Mobile will have theirs "by the 14th".

It's like you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly gotta love WP8 to buy a device in the US. You have to do all the work on keeping track of when you can get it and what you're getting.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
IMHO thats just as stupid as ATT's announcement coming soon!

Yeah, maybe I should have said ANY WP, its not as though its going to sell to anyone other than users of forums like this one. No Windows Phones, no Windows 8 tablets, so much for Microsoft's big comeback. :dry

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The clear reports from non US markets is that Nokia cannot produce 920s in significant volumes. As a result, it is possible that AT&T is delaying all WP8s until the 920 is in sufficient supply.

The wait for the 920 could be weeks or even months (as it was for the 900). What a cluster.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I just find it ironic that we had all these rumors on Verizon having issues with WP8 and how they might delay or even cancel it's launch, then all of a sudden they are the ones with all the info and their launch is looking solid.

The "premier" carrier? Sucking it's thumb while all it's customers are frustrated at the lack of information.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The clear reports from non US markets is that Nokia cannot produce 920s in significant volumes. As a result, it is possible that AT&T is delaying all WP8s until the 920 is in sufficient supply.

The wait for the 920 could be weeks or even months (as it was for the 900). What a cluster.

I hope that's not the case. If it is then it's a big fail on Nokia's part. Even though the 920 is the better phone and that's what I'll be getting, I can understand why Microsoft is trating the 8X as the flagship.

niravc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I hope that's not the case. If it is then it's a big fail on Nokia's part. Even though the 920 is the better phone and that's what I'll be getting, I can understand why Microsoft is trating the 8X as the flagship.
Nokia needing a hailmary, but keep setting themselves back with penalties.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Funny if ATT is the premier why is Verizon the only one launching Data Sense with the new phones?
Right? I actually made a thread about that yesterday. Verizon appears to have their WP8 sh*t together more than AT&T does at this moment.

ATT is just too big for their own good...they really throw their weight around.
That could potentially bite AT&T in the as*.

Breaking news: Soon AT&T will make an announcement telling us that more information about WP8 will be coming soon.

I can't even get my head around this mess at this point.
LMAO!!

I just find it ironic that we had all these rumors on Verizon having issues with WP8 and how they might delay or even cancel it's launch, then all of a sudden they are the ones with all the info and their launch is looking solid.

The "premier" carrier? Sucking it's thumb while all it's customers are frustrated at the lack of information.
+1000000000

I can understand why Microsoft is trating the 8X as the flagship.
Seriously.

Nokia needing a hailmary, but keep setting themselves back with penalties.
LMAO that's a good analogy!

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm no water carrier for AT&T, but Verizon hasn't confirmed a single WP8 release date officially have they?
Truth be told, no. The only US carrier with something close to a release date is T-Mobile with the Lumia 810 and HTC 8X "available by November 14."

Windows Phone 8 hardware availability coming into focus | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

The reason a lot of the heat is directed towards AT&T is because they're supposed to be the "Premier Partner" and are the only US carrier that will sell the Lumia flagship 920.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It would seem that 11/11 is going to be the date for AT&T unless otherwise announced hopefully this weekend.

I'm curious if it is a supply chain issue or an issue with AT&T or Nokia getting the final bits of WP8 setup correctly on the hardware or the carrier. Typically in these sorts of hold ups it is the carrier trying to monkey around with the software.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It makes a lot of sense... the best carrier, T-Mobile, gets the best Windows Phones first! :D

AT&T peeps, hop in... the water's great, and so is unlimited 4G!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99