Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

I am constantly checking to see if AT&T will post any new about Windows Phone 8 so I can pre-order the NOKIA Lumia 920. It looks like that put it on their main page. When you click on the link, you can subscribe to an email list to notify you of Windows Phone news.

AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Yeah I found that on Friday of last week. I was hoping it was a sign that it was actually coming soon, however that doesn't appear to be the case :(

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RTGOD View Post
    I am constantly checking to see if AT&T will post any new about Windows Phone 8 so I can pre-order the NOKIA Lumia 920. It looks like that put it on their main page. When you click on the link, you can subscribe to an email list to notify you of Windows Phone news.

AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service
    Appreciate the link and this is not to make you feel bad, but again we have AT&T giving us a NON-ANSWER. Coming soon doesn't tell us much.

Global Posts
    3,044 Global Posts
    At this point people should refuse to buy any at&t WP to make a point that the lack of info is ridiculous, this is more than a farce now.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I was hoping that AT&T would have a date by now... Especially with Ballmer mentioning on stage that the AT&T release dates would be coming "very soon." Alas nothing as of yet...
    Developer

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I work in the IT industry and usually "coming soon" translates to: we have no idea....
    At this point I didn't expect anything else from AT&T though. The way the handle WP8 is just plain ridiculous. Being an exclusive partner for the Lumia 920, and not even having any indication on a release date a day after the final hurdle (the official WP8 launch) is passed shows that they either have zero idea about how to launch a product or they simply don't care...
    dalydose, aubreyq and power5 like this.

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leo74 View Post
    I work in the IT industry and usually "coming soon" translates to: we have no idea....
    At this point I didn't expect anything else from AT&T though. The way the handle WP8 is just plain ridiculous. Being an exclusive partner for the Lumia 920, and not even having any indication on a release date a day after the final hurdle (the official WP8 launch) is passed shows that they either have zero idea about how to launch a product or they simply don't care...
    Yeah. What kind of Premier Partner is that?
    leo74 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    They must have got the phone industry handbook for "coming soon" and not the IT industry handbook for "coming soon".

Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts
    Maybe I will switch to t-mo!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Posted this yesterday on the Lumia 920 board.

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Well no one is making us wait on the Nokia. This is a very important release for them.
    If they screw up the price then they are screwed.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    Maybe they're waiting for the market to open back up to try and drive stock prices? Yea, I know I'm grabbing at straws here...
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    iphone 5s coming soon. 16gb 199.99 32gb 299 and 64 gb 399.99
    baseballbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Posted this yesterday on the Lumia 920 board.
    I must be slipping. I have been stalking the 920 and AT&T's site for a while now and this is the 1st time I have seen this.

Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    iphone 5s coming soon. 16gb 199.99 32gb 299 and 64 gb 399.99
    I am going to get in line now to order the Apple iTent, so that I can be first in line to camp out for it! Baaa Baaa.

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    Funny if ATT is the premier why is Verizon the only one launching Data Sense with the new phones? ATT is just too big for their own good. As an ATT subscriber I like that I get just about any phone option I want, but they really throw their weight around.
    aubreyq likes this.

For what it's worth, I called BB to follow up on my pre-order & they're saying ship dates between 11/2 - 11/15. Pretty wide range-

I'm at the Build event now, we're getting a "special batch" version of the 920 tonight.

I talked to the Nokia guy here, all he said is that they are "unlocked", and when I asked about Verizon he said this:
    They *may* work on LTE, but voice and text probably will not work. He then concluded with "These are a special batch, they are untested on Verizon and may or may not work."

He didn't say what, if anything, was different about these.
    I neglected to ask about a 922 variant.

The attached picture is a box of 920's ready to be given away (off to the left is a pallet of Surface tablets as well).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-30-14.19.22.jpg  

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I was reading the title and was thinking, "yep, that sounds about right."

Breaking news: Soon AT&T will make an announcement telling us that more information about WP8 will be coming soon.

I can't even get my head around this mess at this point.
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madskyllz View Post
    I'm at the Build event now, we're getting a "special batch" version of the 920 tonight.

I talked to the Nokia guy here, all he said is that they are "unlocked", and when I asked about Verizon he said this:
    They *may* work on LTE, but voice and text probably will not work. He then concluded with "These are a special batch, they are untested on Verizon and may or may not work."

He didn't say what, if anything, was different about these.
    I neglected to ask about a 922 variant.

The attached picture is a box of 920's ready to be given away (off to the left is a pallet of Surface tablets as well).
    Probably either that they don't support CDMA, or that Verizon refuses to activate any phone that isn't Verizon branded.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

This is the US AT&T Lumia 920. It's a development edition - a Nokia guy said it has an "extra" band, but I can't confirm anything because I have to go get a sim card for it :/.

More info in a bit...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-30-19.02.17.jpg  
    aubreyq and Reflexx like this.
    No carrier marking on the ATT 920? Very nice. If ATT wasn't terrible in my area I'd be tempted.

Global Posts
    2,438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    At this point people should refuse to buy any at&t WP to make a point that the lack of info is ridiculous, this is more than a farce now.
    IMHO thats just as stupid as ATT's announcement coming soon!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    AT&T isn't the only one. VErizon is also non-committal on dates, and T-Mobile will have theirs "by the 14th".

It's like you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly gotta love WP8 to buy a device in the US. You have to do all the work on keeping track of when you can get it and what you're getting.

Global Posts
    3,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    IMHO thats just as stupid as ATT's announcement coming soon!
    Yeah, maybe I should have said ANY WP, its not as though its going to sell to anyone other than users of forums like this one. No Windows Phones, no Windows 8 tablets, so much for Microsoft's big comeback. :dry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast