Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    3,595 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    FYI folks, was talking to Jay about this. He says the blank tile and download app list issues are both fixed in the current dev build. He's just waiting on some image files before he can release it!
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer

Hello, do you know if the new app tile logo (the one like the new site logo) will be added in the next update?
    Jay said he'd add that in next update :)
    I just can't stand the actual tile, I'm looking forward to the classic "metro style" tile with the white logo on a background with the phone accent color, just like IE, the message hub, the phone tile, etc...

Global Posts
    3,595 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    I can't say for sure, but if Jay said he'd add it to the next update... I'd take him for his word :)
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    I can't say for sure, but if Jay said he'd add it to the next update... I'd take him for his word :)
    Ahahahah ok, I was just not sure if he was talking about the next major update, or just the next update :)
    Can't wait for it :D
    Lol, thanks ;)

Is there a way to post a new topic on the forums from the Windows Phone Central App?? All I see is the option to quick reply to posts that other people have already created.
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio0694 View Post
    Ahahahah ok, I was just not sure if he was talking about the next major update, or just the next update :)
    Can't wait for it :D
    Lol, thanks ;)
    That update was submitted earlier this week and should be available soon as long as we pass certification :)

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    For some reason this app and Amazing Weather stop updating on the live tile. Not sure why this happens, but it takes forever to try to get it working again. When it does stop working my battery life increases by about 5X's what it normally is...

otimo app... XD

Global Posts
    1,229 Global Posts
    3.4 update posted on marketplace
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    3.4 update posted on marketplace
    For those wondering, I recall reading that 3.4 will merely address a minor bug in 3.3, so you shouldn't really notice anything different (I know I didn't)
    Looking forward to 3.8, and 4.0 - BY FAR my most used app

I have just made a total reset of my HTC 8S, I will try to install all apps from SD-card since some people says that saves memory. How can I get the WPC-app again, I have paid for it once...when I see it on the SD-card it says "evaluation", will it check later that I have bought it via my Live-id or?
    Just updated the WP central's app and noticed the unanswered threads box is still not working, nothing shows up and it says page 1 of 0 what's up with this?

Test

Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pmhgeneral View Post
    Just updated the WP central's app and noticed the unanswered threads box is still not working, nothing shows up and it says page 1 of 0 what's up with this?
    I am having a similar issue. I get blank screens when trying to browse the forums. I just bought the app too.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I updated and im getting no notifications anymore though it's on. Also is the article count gone or is it just because my notifications aren't working thats not either? I'm kinda annoyed they changed the tile and im not one to complain too often. So i guess I'll play around with the settings and hope my notifications are fixed soon.

Not sure if this is just me, or whether it's happening for other people, but my WPCentral Tile no longer shows how many new News items exist since I last opened the app. Live Tile is switched On, and Background Tasks are allowed. Happening to anyone else?

I've also removed the tile, and pinned it again. Deleted the app, and reinstalled it, but still the same. Happened since the update to the new tile (version 3.2 or 3.3, not sure which!)
    Resident Developer

Hi guys the unanswered threads forums showing "page 1 of 0" is unfortunately something I cannot control. You will find if you use Board Express you see exactly the same issue. This is because of the Tapatalk API connection into the forums not supporting the type of search which generates those threads. I have made our server gurus aware and hope they will be able to come up with a fix soon. Otherwise I'm afraid I can only suggest you browse other areas of the forum.

I get an error “could not connect to WPcentral.com the remote server returned an error: not found” on my cell, but I can access the site from my laptop pc
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Raffyv View Post
    I get an error “could not connect to WPcentral.com the remote server returned an error: not found” on my cell, but I can access the site from my laptop pc
    For whatever reason your phone is not connected to the internet. Try testing it's connection using Internet Explorer to confirm you can load the site. Then try again using the app.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    I'd like to make a suggestion: add the ability to "Like" a post, not just thank it, from within the App itself. Currently, I can "quote" or "thank" a post, but that's it.

I have a suggestion as well: The option to pin the forums themselves to the start/home screen, just as you can with other sections such as reviews, would be pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Raffyv View Post
    Same thing happens to me in low reception areas. The WPCentral app has a hard time hanging on to a data connection IMO, but I think that's more of a windows phone issue than anything that can be controlled. In low reception or poor data areas, sometimes the only thing that really wants to work on my phone is the built-in browser (which is odd) - most of my apps that rely on data have a hard time figuring out what's going on in those kinds of situations. My assumption is that can't be controlled or "fixed", maybe it has something to do with the way apps are allowed to pull data from the phone's connection? Not that I'm a developer or anything, just pointing out my experiences/observations/thoughts.
    Resident Developer

Mystic, tap and hold the forum tile in the browse section and you'll see the pin option :)

You're right about data connection, it's quality and the net code aren't really controlled by an app, all OS level
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Hi guys!,

Is it me or is there no option to post pictures in the forum from the app directly?
    Resident Developer

Quote Originally Posted by rajkumr View Post
    Hi guys!,

Is it me or is there no option to post pictures in the forum from the app directly?
    It's not you, that is currently not possible (I did try but couldn't get the tapatalk API to play ball), it's on the to do list but not a top priority :)

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply jay!
    Hope to see this functionality soon!
    Anyways, loving the app very much!