Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By blehblehbleh

I'm wondering if anyone as site admin can help me out with some cookie issues I'm having with the site?

I have it so that I'm always remembered when I log in, but whenever I come to the forums I have to manually click the link "Log in". Other than that, I'm having issues where the cookie sets my last visit only when I log out rather than when I visit the site as it did before, and where if I click "Mark Forums Read" it says it's an invalid link.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I am having the same exact issue.

Same issue for me.

Also, when I click on a forum thread, it automatically takes me to the last post. It's super annoying.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,374 Global Posts
    Here's how I have mine set:

Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    I have the same issue.
    It's being fixed in a forum upgrade which is happening very soon. Hang in there, folks. For the time being you can hit "Login" or "Register" at the top which should force the bulletin board to log you in.

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
    This comment is strictly for debugging with Marcus Adolfsson CEO of Mobile Nations
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    Made quite a bit of code changes today, both in regards to log-in and log-out. Are any of the above issues resolved?
    Thanked by:
    For now it seems to be holding that I'm logged on... early this evening, it made me click login every single page load, lol. I assume that was you guys making changes.

I haven't restarted my browser session yet, but I'll come update this once I do.
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    Let me know how the session holds up. We pushed out several Passport code changes today.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    For now it seems to be holding that I'm logged on... early this evening, it made me click login every single page load, lol.
    That's what has been happening to me for the last few days. My best workaround for it was to click "quote" on a post and allow it to tell me the page didn't exist (because that's what happened) and THEN my login from earlier would stick. Ugh.

Glad to hear the issue is in the process of being resolved. No issues today as of yet! I can log in to the passport link up top and so far so good!

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm still having the issue. I was logged in last night. I have the site to remember me. I left my computer on overnight, woke up this morning, hit F5 to refresh the page, and was logged out again. Most times, I'm logged in on the main page at wpcentral.com. When I hit forums, I'm 95% of the time logged out, and must hit log in at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone as site admin can help me out with some cookie issues I'm having with the site?

I have it so that I'm always remembered when I log in, but whenever I come to the forums I have to manually click the link "Log in". Other than that, I'm having issues where the cookie sets my last visit only when I log out rather than when I visit the site as it did before, and where if I click "Mark Forums Read" it says it's an invalid link.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Same problems I having
    CEO, Mobile Nations

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    New code was pushed out this afternoon, addresses some more cookie issues.

Just want to say thanks to the devs and admin on WPCentral; cookie issues are gone for me.