SOLUTION: not being able to post on this forum (keyboard disapearing)

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I own a Lumia 920. I was not able to leave comment/post on this forum (wpcentral) right off my phone. The on-screen keyboard used to appear and then disappear after one second. I tried with both Desktop and Mobile modes ( under options) , but still the same.

Until I found a workaround to this issue and thought let's share it out here as it might help someone out there.

1- Download Board Express app (free)
2- In the Search box, type in "wpcentral"
3- Open "wpcentral"
4- Select "OK"
5- Swipe to "Messages" section
6- Select " Register"
7- Select "OK"
8- For the first time, log in with your gmail, microsoft, .. account as prompted
9- You will land on the desktop mode of wpcentral website ( the very same mode you get on your laptop/PC )
10- As of here you can browse the wpcentral website as if you were on your laptop/PC. You can read and leave posts without any problem with on-screen keyboard disappearing

:devil:Important 1/2: Do NOT use the " Add a Tile to the Homescreen" option. If you do, everytime you select "Messages", it gets you a faliure message and closes the app.
:devil:Important 2/2: You should swipe to "Messages" and select "Register" EVERYTIME you open Board Express app. ( eventhough you already logged in previously. Good thing is after the first time loging in, you will be logged in automatically and would not need to actually enter you ID and Password again)

It works for me, hope it does the same for you.

Thanks

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like a lot of trouble for you. Is it possible that you were holding the phone too close to the proximity sensor?

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had that issue intermittently and it seems to be related to longer posts. Sometimes the text window expands to several lines as I type and sometimes it doesn't and its harder to see/select/edit text and the keyboard closes sporadically. Thankfully it doesn't affect me too often.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I cannot post from my 920 to this site. Kind of stupid really, having a website about Windows Phone and the thing cannot even post to a website.

I tried going into my profile settings and changing all 3 editor types.

I tried mobile/desktop mode on the phone.

Does this site have a MAJOR bug or is the phone browser that bad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05