Text Input System incompatible with IE10 and Windows 8 & RT

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Can someone fix or replace the rich text editor?

On IE10, it is highly unfriendly. "Quick Reply" causes the on screen keyboard to disappear shortly after appearing, forcing one to use full reply. The comments section on articles will not allow any more than one comment (including edits) when using the rich text editor, forcing one to use the plain text editor OR refresh the page after each edit and/or comment (editing problem also affects the plain text editor too!). It also disables Windows 8/RT's system wide spellcheck while typing, meaning any misspelled words are neither highlighted nor corrected (this, however, does not plague the new thread text editor about 50% of the time? IDK why...). I cannot even tap on a word to get alternative words and spellings. Compiled with the comment box problem, this creates a large inconvenience when I misspell almost my entire comment (I'm still getting used to key spacing with OSK, causing me to bump the I next to O, or A next to S.).

Also, sometimes my comments are ate by the comment text editor. I will type a whole comment and then once I hit submit it will empty and I get the error "Comment field is required".

Lastly, text formatting is not saved in comments. I can understand not allowing large images or code boxes, but a simple bulleted list or small image should be allowed at the least. Same with bold or italicized text.

Anyone know why it would do. This?

I'm using Windows 8 Core 32-Bit on a Samsung Ativ Smart PC tablet, no dock.

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
This appears to be a touch issue, because I have the same problem on a Surface RT when using touch, but it's fine with non touch usage.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Dustin,

Really appreciate the feedback here. IE10 has a habit of not playing friendly with things, and we're picking away at a bug list.

If you wouldn't mind shooting me a note at james AT mobilenations dot com I'd appreciate any debugging help you could offer our tech team to resolve as many (if not all) of these issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs