(Official) New Windows Central Commenting Module - Bug Fixes / Issues / Problems

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
As you may have noticed, just the other day we unveiled a brand new commenting module on Windows Central. Not only does it look a lot better than the old one, but when you're logged in you can do a lot of cool stuff.

When logged in, you can vote up (or down) comments you like (or dislike), and even report spam or inappropriate to our team. This was all built to help make Windows Central even better, and give you an extra-awesome place to leave comments and interact with the community.

wp-comments.jpg

If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns about the new commenting system, please let us know in this thread!

Last edited:

Aniket Bhat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
When I press "reply" now, it takes me to a new page. There I have to type in my reply and then go back to the article... Please fix this! This problem has started with the site redesign. It worked fine until now... Thank you ^_^

EDIT: For some reason it's working normally again... That was quick.. Like 2 secs after I posted this (lol)... Still you might wanna checkout why it happened in the first place...

Sin Ogaris

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello James, I have found that when I click on a link to the mobile site from an email (say, for instance, a response to a post I have made in the comments) when I click on the reply word in the mobile site it does nothing, doesn't open s page, bring up a dialog box, nothing. I have to click the link to the app on order to respond to comments.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well that's a strange one. So you're saying if you visit the site via an email notification of a new comment... when you try and leave a new comment the whole commenting area is unresponsive?

Sin Ogaris

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I don't know if it's all links, or just them, but basically what I try to do is press the reply word at the bottom of a person's post but nothing happens.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy about these changes because I'm on Wcentral every day and now I can finally downvote nonsense/offensive/off topic comments. :D Thanks!

There's one problem though, I exclusively use the app... Do you have any idea when these features will come to the app? 3 weeks? 3 months? I know you're not Jay Bennett but still you might know something..

Sin Ogaris

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I went to the mobile site from the search bar and similar issue. I have found through testing that I can reply to my own comments fine, but no one else's. At the bottom right corner of each post there is an exclamation mark in a triangle I'd that is somehow related (it doesn't show in my comments).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss