When are you guys going to fix your site nagivation? It's really bad

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
I've been quietly dealing with this for months hoping it would get fixed (I don't want to be rude, but this is seriously beyond frustrating).

But I listen to your site when I'm at work through soundgecko, then when I come home...I want to quickly go through each article from earliest posted to last posted throughout the day.
Problem is, I have to have one window open that show the content page on the left
Recent Articles | Windows Central
then another w/ the article page on the right. Because you have articles that get posted every day where they don't sequentially go from one to the next. For example, i'll be browsing through articles, and suddenly when I click on the "next article" I'll go from a story that was published at 7:35 am to 1:05 pm, and sure enough when I look at the windowscentral.com/content page 1,2,3 page it'll show it skipped 5, 10 articles?

And sometimes it actually outright does this
rOBx1T2.jpg

it just stops.

Again, I don't want to be rude, I'm just annoyed...but it's almost like the people that work on/for this site, don't use it.

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
I don't start from the content page

I keep a window in IE with that open while I browse from article to article using Firefox. When I get home from work at night, I go through articles, then the next day basically just take off from the article that I left off in with the Firefox browser (since it restores tabs from the previous session).

I'm not sure if you're able to consider feedback of the site design, but previously the site used to have the "deals of the day" basically as a post with a link to the store (when you used that next article function). Now it takes you straight to the deal in the actual store front... which IMO makes browsing a lot slower. That's the original reason why I actually kept that second "content" page open in IE... so I could copy the URL for the article after that deal of the day, and paste it into my browser.

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
If you're unable to replicate it, how about this...
Toilet Time, not your typical Windows Phone time waster of a game | Windows Central

Go to this page. For me the next article is this url
Deflector Mobile review ? a free retro sci-fi game for Windows Phone | Windows Central

But if you look at the "content page" which is supposed to be an accurate chronological listing of all posts made, this is next article after toilet time
Xbox One Deals with Gold adds Thief, Sherlock Holmes and more | Windows Central

Are you seeing the same thing as me?

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
The site seems a lot better, but posts from George and others posting reviews are always messed up, and I figured out what's going on. It seems like reviews aren't falling into the same chronological posting timeline that everyone else is using for whatever reason .

For example, go to this post
Grimbo, a wonderfully animated Windows Phone game | Windows Central

Then click on the previous story
Dwelp, connect the dots with this casual puzzle game for Windows Phone and Windows 8 | Windows Central - this is another review from George

Review ? eTauro USB dock for Surface Pro 3 | Windows Central - another review, from Seth

MixaMonster - a fun, colorful Windows Phone children's game | Windows Central - George

AVG AntiVirus 2015 review | Windows Central

Stay on track with the Windows Phone game Rail Heads | Windows Central - George again

Maybe you can figure out how they're doing their posts that's from everyone else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes