Sick of the ads on WC

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Lately, there have been what seems like an increasing number of articles that are, basically, ads. I understand why they're there, but it's getting very annoying. I look forward to reading interesting articles, but often they are just some one paragraph ad about a new phone case. I'd much rather read some news about upcoming events, advancements, etc. about Windows...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Except that there are no new events or advancements about Windows right now. The Windows 10 Technical Preview gets minor updates, but no new features are turned on in these builds. I suspect that we won't get a full featured look at Windows 10 until Build in April. And Microsoft has announced next to nothing regarding Windows 10 for phones. We don't know what that will look like, when it will be available, etc.

Don't be frustrated with Windows Central that their chief topic, Microsoft, is maintaining radio silence at this stage of the development cycle.

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Except that there are no new events or advancements about Windows right now. The Windows 10 Technical Preview gets minor updates, but no new features are turned on in these builds. I suspect that we won't get a full featured look at Windows 10 until Build in April. And Microsoft has announced next to nothing regarding Windows 10 for phones. We don't know what that will look like, when it will be available, etc.

Don't be frustrated with Windows Central that their chief topic, Microsoft, is maintaining radio silence at this stage of the development cycle.

You make some good points. However I still can't help feeling a little...restless. The WC guys have done such an excellent job in the past that I continue to expect the same from them. I, like many others, am eager to follow everything that is happening and refuse to believe there is nothing to report.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Oliverspin - if you'd like to point out any articles that are causing you grief, I'd be happy to take a look and provide you with some feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss