Windows Central aka "WC" a perfect acronym

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Window Central is a poorly executed app and with an ironic twist of fate
it's acronym is WC the British name for a toilet
How perfect !
It hasn't been UPATED for OVER 6 (SIX) MONTHS !
6 months !! So when WC complains that app aren't updated
they should look into their own mirror first...
"Error getting subscribed topics"
"Sign out of passport in settings"
"Oops" An unhandled exception
occurred in Windows Central last time it was running"
An exception ?... ya right :amaze:
These ERRORS are not the exception, they are the rule.
This happens at minimum twice a week.
Perhaps WC should go back to a Windows Central BETA
And when will "someone" get it together so we can post a
PHOTOGRAPH from the WC mobile app ?
NEVER I suspect.
This app reminds me of the Facebook app by Microsoft = poorly executed at best.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Also, updating an app based on "we haven't updated it in a while" mentality is, frankly, an idiotic way to go about things. Maybe it doesn't need an update? Maybe there's no fixes for any bugs (if there are any)? Maybe there's no new features to include?

Hmmm, the Colosseum (that's a famous antiquity) hasn't been updated in a while. Let's tear it down and build a Wendy's

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Also, updating an app based on "we haven't updated it in a while" mentality is, frankly, an idiotic way to go about things. Maybe it doesn't need an update? Maybe there's no fixes for any bugs (if there are any)? Maybe there's no new features to include?
?

Hmmm, the Colosseum (that's a famous antiquity) hasn't been updated in a while. Let's tear it down and build a Wendy's

ITS FULL OF BUGS !!!! And they've 'promised' being able to post photos for over 2 years.
It's in serious need of an update. Perhaps you don't use it ?
You're an apologist or just being contrary....you're officially ignored :smile:

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Big Lebowski, thanks for succinctly summing up the problems you are experiencing. Would I be correct in thinking most of what you are referring to is happening in the forums section of the app? I'm aware that there have been some problems since we integrated the Mobile Nations passport system, with that not always playing correctly with the Tapatalk engine and I think that's what you're discussing here.

We have updates in the works for the whole app, however there are factors outside of just development, which I won't bore you with, that had stalled progress. I promise you I've picked up development again and we will be releasing a ground up re-write which should wrap up the years of lessons learned from this app's very long lifecycle.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Big Lebowski, thanks for succinctly summing up the problems you are experiencing. Would I be correct in thinking most of what you are referring to is happening in the forums section of the app? I'm aware that there have been some problems since we integrated the Mobile Nations passport system, with that not always playing correctly with the Tapatalk engine and I think that's what you're discussing here.

We have updates in the works for the whole app, however there are factors outside of just development, which I won't bore you with, that had stalled progress. I promise you I've picked up development again and we will be releasing a ground up re-write which should wrap up the years of lessons learned from this app's very long lifecycle.

We'll see... be able to post pics thru the app has been 'promised'
for as long as I've been around here and that's well over a year and 'promised' (cough cough)
longer that that.
I'll take, or leave your commitment when it happens not when 'promised' :wink:
Good luck tho'

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Just to give you a bit if insight/transparency: The forums integration relies on a protocol called XML-RPC, something which I was able to use a well developed third party library for in the current app, however I am going to need to write my own implementation for the new app, it's no small task!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6