Windows Central Website Confusing

Peterh56

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I find that website is confusing since your last update. I come here to find news and now I am scrolling through discussions, then when I click on an article that is of interest I have to scroll through heaps of other crape to get to the comments.

Where have you hidden the news only page? I wanted forums I would go to the foursomes page.

I personally think this move is diluting you appeal and relevance to me!

Techywarrior

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol, the update today makes it even more confusing.

What UX person thought it would be better to show "Featured" stories by default and hiding any new stories that just don't happen to be featured?

Terrible design and user experience.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with both comments above. 1st update which made "discussions" look like news was annoying, but at least they were a different size so I could try to ignore them. Now, it seems that discussions are as important as news as they're both small. If I want commentary, I'll go to the forums. But I come to the site for news which is getting harder and harder to view.

drewsuruncle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree with those above as well. I have been on this site for years, and I don't post much, but it looks like someone took a **** on it.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The website is a cluster #*^%

It's horrible, ugly and confusing. I can't tell what is news and what is a forum discussion. It's a bad move IMHO.

ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1444098712.893759.jpg

idlezork

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So glad I am not the only one!!! Everyday I visit it's pretty much the same stories. It took me awhile to notice that some of them are actually forum discussions (the same discussion EVERYDAY). And then there are barely any new articles. I thought maybe Microsoft/Windows is dying and worthless or something, until I notice AndroidCentral web suffering the same crap.

This update probably ranks one of the most terrible, if not worst, UX design ever.

BreathingDeath

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I came here to jump on the bandwagon. The sites is terrible to navigate now. My first thought was, "oh great, they are forcing me to scroll through the site so I have to see ads".

Honestly, I don't even scroll anymore and spend less time here because it's not worth the effort. I feel like it's an effort just to find something. I come here to relax, now it feels like work.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree. The new design is horrid. I have been missing reading articles for weeks because I didn't realize the default was to show only certain articles.

I guess it's one way to lower site traffic and page clicks.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree. The new design is horrid. I have been missing reading articles for weeks because I didn't realize the default was to show only certain articles.

I guess it's one way to lower site traffic and page clicks.
It took me a little while to realize that clicking"all stories" allows you to see all stories

Bologwp

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
It is horrible, I figured it out because of the app! Was reading a story on my phone, came back to my desk and tried to pull it up on the computer and couldn't find the story, it took awhile but I finally noticed the damn tabs. Don't like the new layout at all!

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Wow. The forum discussions still pollute the front page when you sort by the newest stories (why do we even need to sort at all?) and the area between the articles and comments are even more crammed with junk than before. It seems that the design's more concerned about baiting casual readers to click around the site than to keep active readers informed. WC's changes after Sam left/re-naming from WPC have been very questionable. Paul and George are pretty much the only reasons why I still visit this place.

bhtkb

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I also think that the website is a bit heavy-loaded. While surfing on the site, from time to time I get hangs. Maybe it's because of my older 2011 laptop, but I would expect it to be function more fluidly, and 2011 isnt ages ( or maybe it is :) )

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I also think that the website is a bit heavy-loaded. While surfing on the site, from time to time I get hangs. Maybe it's because of my older 2011 laptop, but I would expect it to be function more fluidly, and 2011 isnt ages ( or maybe it is :) )

Or maybe it's because that is heavily loaded with adds? Try some adblock and see, it'll fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon