Now Available: Windows Phone Central app v4

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
We have a new version and now we have a new thread for questions. Want to know what's new:

Now Available: Windows Phone Central app v4 | Windows Phone Central

wpcapp4shot_0.jpg

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if others have this problem, but often when I click on a thread under participated or recent, it goes into a completely different thread. Alot if times its a thread that I haven't even participated in. The other day I posted a comment to a completely different thread and didn't even realize it until someone commented that my comment had nothing to do with the topic. All I could do was modify my post and apologize. I've tried clearing the app cache, but this still happens often- even with the new version just released.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Were double wide tiles disabled or am I doing something wrong? I didn't see that in the change log that it was removed? The only mention I saw was "fixed for WP7.8 tile issue." other than that everything seems to be working smoothly, glad to have a regularly updated tile for my Lumia 900 7.8.

L2nak

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated to v4 and now the tile isn't showing a count? I use the small tile. Any.. Suggestions? I'd prefer to stick with the WPC flip tile cause its more aesthetically pleasing.

And great work Jay 💃

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Updated to v4 and now the tile isn't showing a count? I use the small tile. Any.. Suggestions? I'd prefer to stick with the WPC flip tile cause its more aesthetically pleasing.

And great work Jay 

The tile should absolutely be showing a count, although thinking about it the method used for updating the tile did have to change on 7.8, assuming that's the one you're using then the small count may have been inadvertently lost when I switched back to the old Windows Phone 7 method of updating it...

I'll fix that soon (it won't be the next update as it's only for WP8 users to fix the crash on startup when their language settings are messed up), but in the meantime the iconic tile will work for small sized counts.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Awww...thanks Jay! ♡
I should slightly amend that, the second maintenance release. I very quickly submitted a bug fix last night because despite announcing the known issue of bad speech language settings on phones I'm getting slated in reviews by people who didn't read that article and have had the app crash on startup.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to apply the update. It does the download then has an error. It has been doing this for two or three days now. I had the same issue with another app and it was because it disappeared from my purchase history. I can't check if that is the case with my wpcentral app at the moment. Unfortunately I am unable to update the app. I had a few other updates yesterday and they all went through okay.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think a few people have had this with our app disappearing from purchase history. Unfortunately I have absolutely no control over these kind of account issues. I'd suggest you get in touch with account support via billing.microsoft.com best of luck!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I found out that the only setting that has wide tile support is iconic, but imo that defeats the beauty of a wide tile, compared to what it was before being able to see an image of the latest headline.
Also, for some reason, on my Lumia 900, high quality images is now disabled. I can understand 256mb devices but this used to work beautifully for me without any problems.
Not sure if those are all bugs, as none of those issues were mentioned in the cha ge log.

Thanks again for an awesome app, definitely one of the few that set the quality for WP apps.

jddesigned

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to mention that since this update my whatsapp tile count does not update when chats are muted. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I found out that the only setting that has wide tile support is iconic, but imo that defeats the beauty of a wide tile, compared to what it was before being able to see an image of the latest headline.
Also, for some reason, on my Lumia 900, high quality images is now disabled. I can understand 256mb devices but this used to work beautifully for me without any problems.
Not sure if those are all bugs, as none of those issues were mentioned in the cha ge log.

Thanks again for an awesome app, definitely one of the few that set the quality for WP apps.

The latter problem there (pertaining to HQ images being disabled on WP7) is a bug that I missed whilst trying to do a fast turnaround on a crucial bug fix. It will be resolved in the next release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers