unable to mobilize articles

Aardappelboom

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
For soms reason I can no longer pull articles from wpcentral into weave. It always gives me the cannot mobilize error.

Do you guys still allow mobilizing you articles or is it switched off entirely.

Tom Kaminski

Community Web Master
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you give me more details about the problem? I assume you are referring to the Weave app in the Store? We did a forums upgrade last night, so it may be related to that. I just need enough detail to reproduce the issue on my end.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I get the same error when I use Weave and also when I use NewsSpot.

It happens with all RSS feeds from the Mobile Nations sites (WPCentral, iMore, Android Central, CrackBerry). Feeds not associated with Mobile Nations mobilize just fine in Weave and in NewsSpot.

Aardappelboom

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Any news on the fix? I'm not really getting any feeds since this afternoon, not even the topics...I really love pulling in my wp news through weave.

Tom Kaminski

Community Web Master
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I looked into this the other day. Turns out that there isn't much we can do on our end about this. I recommend contacting the developers of the app(s) to add support for WPCentral.com. Most likely the app developers are using a service such as instapaper.com. We've contacted instapaper and they put us on a list of sites to be supported. Not sure how long this process will take.

I would recommend installing the Official WPCentral App. It provides so many features, especially viewing and posting comments. The mobilizer integration is fully supported in this app.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I looked into this the other day. Turns out that there isn't much we can do on our end about this. I recommend contacting the developers of the app(s) to add support for WPCentral.com. Most likely the app developers are using a service such as instapaper.com. We've contacted instapaper and they put us on a list of sites to be supported. Not sure how long this process will take.

I would recommend installing the Official WPCentral App. It provides so many features, especially viewing and posting comments. The mobilizer integration is fully supported in this app.
Thanks. I have emailed the developer of Weave.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

What do you suggest for the other Mobile Nations RSS feeds? I follow all sites, not just WPCentral. The WPCentral app won't help with RSS feeds from Android Central, iMore, CrackBerry, webOS Nation or Mobile Nations.

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you suggest for the other Mobile Nations RSS feeds? I follow all sites, not just WPCentral. The WPCentral app won't help with RSS feeds from Android Central, iMore, CrackBerry, webOS Nation or Mobile Nations.

Hi Tom, Laura,

Arash from Seles Games here. To the best of my knowledge, around the time of this post Fix: Windows Phone Central App should be working again (for those on AT&T) | Windows Phone Central articles were no longer able to be mobilized.

I don't know if something changed with the format of the article HTML (it is not an RSS issue, since the mobilizer works directly with the article's URL), or if it is just a coincidence and something broke with Readability's mobilizer service (which is what Weave uses for mobilizing).

An example that shows the very generic error message that is generated:

http://www.readability.com/m?url=http://www.windowscentral.com/video-new-friends-app-xbox-one

Now I filed a request right now via that link for support from Readability, but the more people requesting support from them, the better chance they will figure out why WPCentral articles are no longer mobilizing via their service!

Thank you,

- Seles Games

Aardappelboom

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Any updates on this issue? It was a lot easier for me to read all the wpcentral goodness through a mobilizer instead of a webpage to be honest.

Tom Kaminski

Community Web Master
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've implemented the changes to wpcentral to conform to the guidelines, but unfortunately this did not help. I've sent an email to readability.com for support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077