Escalation Map Pack - Xbox 360

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
lol@ still being down. some ps3 dude came in the cod Bo for 360 forums cracking a joke about us waiting for the DlC... u know he got a steady diet of jokes about their network and the hacked info situation.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've got a love & hate relationship with Black Op. I've played it since the day after release day (more on that below) and I've come to one conclusion: Treyarch SUCKS NUTS.

I bought the game on release day, but it would not let me join any multiplayer games so I could not play w/ my friends. I kept getting kicked out into the lobby while everybody else was in a game.

When I downloaded the Escalation map pack on release day, same deal -- it would not let me join any multiplayer games and I would get kicked out into the lobby while everybody else was in a game.

Add to that, all the freaking lag issues w/ the game. I got so tired of it that I even dropped Time Warner Cable for internet service and switched to AT&T U-Verse a couple of months ago for higher upload speeds to alleviate the lag, but it just picks the player w/ a crappiest connection to host.

We played a Ground War match last night and all of my friends and I had 2 bars while the opposite team had 3-4 bars. It was a freaking massacre. Even when I decided to camp because of the lag, I still died because the other player saw me at least 2 seconds before I saw them. I'll unload an entire magazine and get 5 hit markers, then I get hit once and I'm dead. When I look at their kill cam, they're getting multiple hit markers before I die. That's just outright bullcrap.

I get 24/3 w/ U-Verse and my friend gets 30/30 w/ FiOS. The fricken game should select one of us to host, but never does. I swear, our freaking Comp Sci interns can write a better game w/o lag.

And don't get me started on this one -- I'll hit somebody in COM at point blank range, but they'll knife me and I'm dead. Or, some guy will do 3 backflips and shoot at me like a John Woo movie and I'm dead. I understand that the franchise is more arcade than simulator, but damn, that crap don't happen in real life. Quick scoping, yeah right. I'd like to see somebody run around and pull that off in real life.

The game is truly a POS and will be my last Treyarch game. It's supposed to relieve my daily stress and not add on to it. I can only hope Infinity Ward doesn't f-up MW3.

/rant

Unfortunately, the game is like crack and I'll probably be online tonight cursing like a sailor again. :)

Michael.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the game is like crack and I'll probably be online tonight cursing like a sailor again. :)

Michael.

That had me rolling! Lmao.

A lot of people have issues with lag, but for me, 95% of the time, my connection is great. The other 5% is usually due to me joining a friend or playing with friends on the west coast.

Are you choosing locale for 'Search Preferences'? Hit select when on the player match screen, the screen before attempting to "FIND MATCH".

I have the 25/25 deal and usally get 30/25 and I usually get host. It's funny because a lot of times when I'm in hardcore and I may TK a few times on accident, I don't get kicked. "Host can't be kicked" or something like that is said. Also, is your NAT type "OPEN"? This makes a big difference, at least for me. What kind of TV are you using? Flat LCD/Plasma? Is there a game mode feature? Are you utilizing it?

I actually like Black Ops more than I do Modern Warfare 2. Black Ops is the most balanced CoD game IMO in regards to Perks and Killstreaks.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That had me rolling! Lmao.

Sad, I know. We tried Halo Reach and that lasted all of 2 weeks; we just couldn't get into the game. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a great simulator, but I couldn't get any of my friends to buy into it.

So I'm stuck playing Call of Duty with them.

A lot of people have issues with lag, but for me, 95% of the time, my connection is great. The other 5% is usually due to me joining a friend or playing with friends on the west coast.

Hmmm, that is a good point. My connection is better when I'm playing alone. But it's more fun playing w/ friends.

Are you choosing locale for 'Search Preferences'? Hit select when on the player match screen, the screen before attempting to "FIND MATCH".

Yep, but there is usually 6 people (including me) in the party so finding a local game w/ 6 open slots usually takes a long time.

It probably doesn't help that I have one friend in Monterrey, Mexico and another in Philladelphia.

I have the 25/25 deal and usally get 30/25 and I usually get host. It's funny because a lot of times when I'm in hardcore and I may TK a few times on accident, I don't get kicked. "Host can't be kicked" or something like that is said. Also, is your NAT type "OPEN"? This makes a big difference, at least for me. What kind of TV are you using? Flat LCD/Plasma? Is there a game mode feature? Are you utilizing it?

Yep, my NAT is open and I'm on a 61" DLP TV. Would switching the TV mode really make a difference?

I actually like Black Ops more than I do Modern Warfare 2. Black Ops is the most balanced CoD game IMO in regards to Perks and Killstreaks.

In that regard, I would agree. But MW2 never brought on this amount of stress from lag. Some of my friends have stopped playing Black Ops because of that. I do think the colors in Black Ops seem cartoonish.

So what's your favorite class/loadout? :)

Michael.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Sad, I know. We tried Halo Reach and that lasted all of 2 weeks; we just couldn't get into the game. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is a great simulator, but I couldn't get any of my friends to buy into it.

Fall is looking real good. Battlefield 3 (new engine, looks 10Xs better than all games out now), Modern Warfare 3 & Gears Of War 3. I started playing GoW3 beta and although I don't really care for it, it started growing on me; haven't played Black Ops much because I already have the gold camo @ prestige 14... not much to do anymore.

So I'm stuck playing Call of Duty with them.

Lol... i know the feeling man.

Hmmm, that is a good point. My connection is better when I'm playing alone. But it's more fun playing w/ friends.

gets frustrating w/o them. i usually get stuck with a team w/ no mics that look like they're playing with their heads cut off.

Yep, but there is usually 6 people (including me) in the party so finding a local game w/ 6 open slots usually takes a long time.

It probably doesn't help that I have one friend in Monterrey, Mexico and another in Philladelphia.

still try and be party leader and have 'Locale'. how much worse can it get, right? a couple of updates ago, that searching got a lot faster, at least for me with 'Locale'; not 'Locale Only' as that is crazy slow.

Yep, my NAT is open and I'm on a 61" DLP TV. Would switching the TV mode really make a difference?

it did for me... so does refresh rate. i went from 60Hz (32 inch sony lcd) to 600mhz (42 inch panasonic plasma) and it's been night and day with switching to game mode on both TVs.

game mode improves motion lag. you may not notice/care for movies, but games that 1/2 second can make a difference, you'll care and notice. prior to setting it to game mode, i would swear up and done i was hitting them in their dome, but replay would show otherwise (having perfect connection). it would show that i was 1-2 seconds behind and for maps like Crisis and Jungle (with lots of detail), it could be up to 3 seconds behind.

In that regard, I would agree. But MW2 never brought on this amount of stress from lag. Some of my friends have stopped playing Black Ops because of that. I do think the colors in Black Ops seem cartoonish.

i haven't had the issue in either, but a couple of my friends have stated that about Black Ops. he's dying for mw3 or bf3 to come out. ha.

So what's your favorite class/loadout? :)

Perk 1 - Ghost Pro (when playing alone), Flak (Nuketown/Domination/HQ) or Lightweight Pro (large maps)

Perk 2 - Sleight Of Hand Pro (or Scout Pro if I'm sniping)

Perk 3 - Ninja Pro (with these turtle beaches, helps me prefire around corners)

Killstreaks - BlackBird / Chopper Gunner / Dogs OR Spy Plane / Counter-Spy Plan / BlackBird (for objective games)

Guns - Commando/AK47/Galil (Extended Mags or Silencer)

Secondary - Python (Dual Weld or Speed reloader) or Strella

Concussion / Semtex / Claymore or Motion Sensor

-----------------------------------------

I use this because this class annoys the crap out of peeps:

Flak Jacket Pro / SoH Pro / Ninja Pro
Ak w/ Extended Mags
Python with Speed Reloader
Concussions / Semtex / Claymore
Spy Plane / Counter / Napalm

-----------------------------------------

what's yours?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Another thing... not sure how much you play Ground Wars, but that is the laggiest of all because of the amount of people w/o there being a dedicated server.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Fall is looking real good. Battlefield 3 (new engine, looks 10Xs better than all games out now), Modern Warfare 3 & Gears Of War 3. I started playing GoW3 beta and although I don't really care for it, it started growing on me; haven't played Black Ops much because I already have the gold camo @ prestige 14... not much to do anymore.

14th prestige? I thought I played alot, LOL. I believe I'm at 8 days of gameplay and I haven't even prestiged. I see no point in losing all of my pro perks and advertising to other players how long I've played. I'm hoping that gives me an edge. :)

gets frustrating w/o them. i usually get stuck with a team w/ no mics that look like they're playing with their heads cut off.

Oh Jesus, there are many times where I'm about to cross a doorway and I see a claymore and a camper in the room. So I'll stop and try to back up and toss a flashbang. But there's always some Rambo that's so close behind me that his head is up my arse. So what happens? We both end up dying.

Or, I'll be crouched and shooting at somebody through a doorway and some boob would walk in front of me standing and gets us both killed.

still try and be party leader and have 'Locale'. how much worse can it get, right? a couple of updates ago, that searching got a lot faster, at least for me with 'Locale'; not 'Locale Only' as that is crazy slow.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. Correction on my part, I've been doing Locale Only searches.

it did for me... so does refresh rate. i went from 60Hz (32 inch sony lcd) to 600mhz (42 inch panasonic plasma) and it's been night and day with switching to game mode on both TVs.

game mode improves motion lag. you may not notice/care for movies, but games that 1/2 second can make a difference, you'll care and notice. prior to setting it to game mode, i would swear up and done i was hitting them in their dome, but replay would show otherwise (having perfect connection). it would show that i was 1-2 seconds behind and for maps like Crisis and Jungle (with lots of detail), it could be up to 3 seconds behind.

Hmmm, I will definitely try this.

As far as my loadout:

Steyr Aug + Suppressor
CZ75 + Rapid Fire
Ghost Pro / Sleight of Hand Pro / Marathon Pro
Flashbang / Semtex / Claymore

If I'm lagging, then I'll plant a claymore and camp (sad, I know). If I'm still dying because of lag, then I'll switch to:

AK74u + Rapid Fire
CZ75 + Rapid Fire
Lightweight Pro / Sleight of Hand Pro / Marathon Pro

I really have no specific classes for specific maps. Actually, I use the AK74u class in the smaller maps and the Steyr Aug in the larger maps. It's like taking candy from a baby. When I'm not lagging. :)

My Killstreak Rewards are Spy Plane, Napalm Strike, and Rolling Thunder. I'll switch to Blackbird if I'm playing Hardcore TDM.

Michael.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
14th prestige? I thought I played alot, LOL. I believe I'm at 8 days of gameplay and I haven't even prestiged. I see no point in losing all of my pro perks and advertising to other players how long I've played. I'm hoping that gives me an edge. :)

I used to play a lot... lol. Two reasons... One because it was a race between all my buddies to get the gold camo first; which I won by a mile. The second was because my chica loves to play and always wants to play with me.

Oh Jesus, there are many times where I'm about to cross a doorway and I see a claymore and a camper in the room. So I'll stop and try to back up and toss a flashbang. But there's always some Rambo that's so close behind me that his head is up my arse. So what happens? We both end up dying.

Or, I'll be crouched and shooting at somebody through a doorway and some boob would walk in front of me standing and gets us both killed.

Now that you mentioned claymores... My two issues is:

1- when I flashbang/stun, but the claymore stays active.
2- when users are camping facing their claymores. lol.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. Correction on my part, I've been doing Locale Only searches.

'Locale Only' never really worked for me. I'd get into rooms with bad connections, but they would be in my area.

have you tried using concussions? they work well with the semtex because they're unable to run away from the blast.

If I'm lagging, then I'll plant a claymore and camp (sad, I know). If I'm still dying because of lag, then I'll switch to:

camping never bothers me... lol. i love it actually. non-moving targets are easier for me. hehe. what does bother me is the ridiculous knifing in this game. no commando like mw2? lies treyarch! you just don't need to waste a perk on it now; it's built in!

when i first started playing, the 74u was my favorite, then i realized how many bullets it took to drop peeps and how i'd get owned from long range gun fights.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Also... I was looking at the games coming to E3 this year and noticed GoW3 (Gears of War 3) and BF3 (Battlefield 3) are there, but Modern Warfare isn't. The list says some games can be released or come to E3 without being on the list, but it's not looking good for a Fall 2011 release.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I played from 10am yesterday until about 4pm yesterday I had the day off and the house to myself. Play a game read the new posts on the forum play a game that's how I roll on my day off..... :) You guys send me a friend request and I will shoot some people with you my gamer tag is "TEXASERIALKILER"

I'm on the road till Saturday night picking up my Daughter from College this weekend but I should be back on Saturday night.

Edit: But I can accept Friend requests from my Arrive.... Lets see you do that on Android... lol

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mentioned claymores... My two issues is:

1- when I flashbang/stun, but the claymore stays active.
2- when users are camping facing their claymores. lol.

Heh, my issue with claymores is:

1- an SMG class with Lightweight can run past them, LOL

have you tried using concussions? they work well with the semtex because they're unable to run away from the blast.

Yep, and I usually end up dying because the other player can still see and shoot. Maybe I'll try concussion + semtex instead of concussion and charging in.

I really hate it when I toss a flash bang through a doorway and some schmuck will run past me through the doorway so the flash bang will bounce off his back. Then I just flash banged myself (that sounds naughty, heh heh heh).

camping never bothers me... lol. i love it actually. non-moving targets are easier for me. hehe. what does bother me is the ridiculous knifing in this game. no commando like mw2? lies treyarch! you just don't need to waste a perk on it now; it's built in!

Oh yes, nothing like leaping across Nuketown for a knife kill.

when i first started playing, the 74u was my favorite, then i realized how many bullets it took to drop peeps and how i'd get owned from long range gun fights.

Oh man, that's where the rapid fire comes in. Steyr Aug seems to have a similar fire rate to ak74u + rapid fire, but greater range and accuracy.

Michael.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You guys send me a friend request and I will shoot some people with you my gamer tag is "TEXASERIALKILER"

Be warned. I curse like a sailor (usually not so flattering to the person that keeps killing me, even though that person won't be able to hear me, LOL) and my group will whine incessantly about lag.

Mine is Doaner996.

Michael.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
You're a Yankees fan? WTF? I was at the Rangers/Yankees game on Sunday when we won... :)

We have a girlie in our group. She's actually pretty good. She curses like a sailor too, haha.

Michael.
Lmao! Die-hard. Accepted your request & sent Dave one.

And cursing... i think i do that on every death. ha. starts off like "that was some bull..."

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Got ya both still driving though I will be on tomorrow we can shoot it up.

My Favorite class setup is
assault rifle-doesn't matter which one
Cross Bow-comes in handy
Hatchet-just funny when you can kill someone with one of these
Concussion-for getting past claymores
Claymore-I just plant them I don't hang around
Scavenger Pro-gives you more arrows
Slight of Hand Pro-Faster is better
Hacker Pro-I hack everything I can find all the time pisses people off getting killed by there own claymore

Yankees Fan.... Welcome to Texas... lol
There's nothing wrong with that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos