XBox Companion App Discussion

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, seeing it has at last arrived, what do you think ?

Wooo strange seeing yourself sign in on the console. :D

Working well for me, how cool.

Works fine via 3G or Wi-Fi :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well my first test was to launch Last FM fom the apps, it worked perfectly but Last FM seems to be bust at the moment in the UK Pah!

It's all very clever. :D

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad the XBox companion app finally got to those eagerly awaiting it!

I wish there was a "Media Center Companion" app for those using our PCs with Windows Media Center.

sos710m

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm just realizing that in order to watch Netflix on my Xbox, I have to have a membership...isn't paying for Netflix enough?? It would be super convenient to use the Companion app to play movies, but oh well...I'm not dropping anymore money on this paperweight.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm just realizing that in order to watch Netflix on my Xbox, I have to have a membership...isn't paying for Netflix enough?? It would be super convenient to use the Companion app to play movies, but oh well...I'm not dropping anymore money on this paperweight.

What?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Companion app is basically a replacement for your Xbox controller, minus some buttons. That being said, I couldn't find a way to exit ESPN app using companion. Works well with Netflix and LastFM though.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Its a bit basic to be honest, but it's a welcome step in the right direction I think.

It'll improve as it matures I'm sure. :)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I would love to see it used as a mic so I don't have to shout my commands over loud volume. I could just place the phone next to me and speak normally.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see some games eventually make use of the companion.

What would be awesome is if in games like Madden, you could call plays from your phone without it appearing on screen. Well, if you have a Windows Phone.

That used to be so cool in the old Sega Dreamcast days when there was that little screen on the controller. You could choose plays without your opponent having an idea what you were doing.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It's cool to have. I'll probably never use it after today or unless I want to show off.

My friend has an upgrade and has had it for a while, but not sure he'll go the route of Windows Phone. He currently has a 3G (ewww) and is even holding out from getting the 4S. He only makes calls and sms, plus has a ps3, so it's gonna be hard to convince him to make the switch.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad the XBox companion app finally got to those eagerly awaiting it!

I wish there was a "Media Center Companion" app for those using our PCs with Windows Media Center.

Have a look into Media Buddy on the WP7 marketplace. I'm using that to pretty good effect. :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little cheesed that I have to connect with my XBL account that is on my phone. I wish I could tell it to my roommate's account, since he has Gold. I am really starting to hate the entire XBL Gold concept. It seems like the most blatant price gouging I've ever seen from MS. I think more specifically, the apps that I already pay for once should not have to be paid for again--especially Zune Pass, which means I'm paying MS twice for one service. I'm glad I don't have to have a Windows Phone Gold Pass to use Zune Pass and Netflix on my phone. -.-

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
One thing I wish it had was a way to see my library. I have bought movies and downloaded them to my home server. I can see them on my Xbox, but not the companion app. So I have to Bing the movie title and play it. The companion app really should have a "My Library" option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion