Question about those of us in the Preview Program and the new update...

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've been in the Preview Program since I was able to register for it. The thing is, I still haven't received and update on my Xbox for the new Dashboard. Now, I guess technically I've had it for some time, but it was my understanding that I was still suppose to receive an update to get the official release of the Dashboard. I did accept a new Terms of Service, but I know on the new Dashboard, under Apps Marketplace, there's suppose to be a section called Coming Soon 1 and one called Coming Soon 2. I have neither of those.

What exactly is going on? And I not suppose to get an update because I'm in the preview program or what?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No we already had the final dashboard around a week ago J4rrod, the beta is continuing for us to test new apps before they are generally released.

I don't have the coming soon sections either.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok thank you so much! I've just been freaking out wondering. Oh and Netflix now have Kinect controls?

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well no Netflix in the UK so I wouldn't know J4rrod. :D

Not sure if it will let me download, it never used to. I'll give it bash. :)

I downloaded it coming soon to the UK it says. I have to sign up for a trial first.

So not sure if it's Kinect enabled. Oh yes it is, just said xbox and the app asked me if i wanted to cancel so I guess it is kinect enabled. :)

Last edited:

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The new look of Netflix is wayyyy different and I enjoy the Kinect controls cause I watch a lot of tv shows and can just tell it to go to next episode instead of waiting for controller to turn on

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The new look of Netflix is wayyyy different and I enjoy the Kinect controls cause I watch a lot of tv shows and can just tell it to go to next episode instead of waiting for controller to turn on

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
Or you can use your device ;)

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so will I get, for example, the upcoming YouTube app before everyone else since I'm in the program?

I sure hope so cause I've been really looking forward to the YouTube app and was thinking it would be on there from day one. Then I remembered who owns YouTube...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3