Changed Live Accounts Associated w/ GT, Not Updating On Phone

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I had two Xbox Live accounts. Unfortunately the one I used was associated with an older email address I dont really use anymore. However, the email I do use is the one I set up on my phone with the GamerTag I dont really use.

So I finally signed into my Xbox using the GT I dont use and changed the Live email to some other one I just recently set up, so I could free up this email.

Then, I signed in to the Xbox Live GamerTag that I do use, and changed that email to the Live email account I wanted it to be.

Now the problem is this:
Even though I my phone has always been set up with the Live Email I use, if I go to the Games app, it still shows up with my the other Gamertag, not the one i switched it to.

What can I do to get this to update?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok. I was worried I would have to reset my phone completely. Its only been a couple hours. I did see my avatar change, but not the GT. Ill give it a day and see what happens.

Thanks for you info.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well it did finally update. Though now, Im not very happy that I will eventually have to re-install all apps I have downloaded, paid AND FREE apps. This makes no sense to me why they would force you to have to do this.

It looks like you can continue to use the apps, but as soon as an Update comes along, it will not let you Update the app. It tells you that you will have to repurchase/reinstall the app again. I view this as something that absolutely should be changed and fixed, but some how, I dont think MS will do a thing about it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Well it did finally update. Though now, Im not very happy that I will eventually have to re-install all apps I have downloaded, paid AND FREE apps. This makes no sense to me why they would force you to have to do this.

It looks like you can continue to use the apps, but as soon as an Update comes along, it will not let you Update the app. It tells you that you will have to repurchase/reinstall the app again. I view this as something that absolutely should be changed and fixed, but some how, I dont think MS will do a thing about it.

That is strange. And I agree that it's something that should be fixed. You might want to send a ticket to Support. There are probably others who have. And it won't become a priority unless they see enough customers concerned about it.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
That is strange. And I agree that it's something that should be fixed. You might want to send a ticket to Support. There are probably others who have. And it won't become a priority unless they see enough customers concerned about it.
Well, I wasnt sure how to contact support so I did go to MS Answers and post a question.
I included the following after explaining what I did.

1. Why should apps paid/free, be tied to a Gamertag and not my Live ID? My Live ID has NOT changed on the phone.

2. Why should I have to redo all my apps, even if they are free?

3. If you are so **** bent on making us do this, why can we continue to use the apps unless there is an Update? What sort of sense does that make?

Im sure this isnt high on your priority list, and perhaps not something MS sees as an issue. But I do. I think this should be changed to make it easier and less troublesome to deal with all this. Tie it to the Live ID, not the Gamertag. Do something because it shouldnt work like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss