The real reason for Windows RT?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
IGN News: Xbox 720 to Have Windows 8-Inspired Interface? - YouTube

Video is a knock around but still, Windows 8 without Desktop is perfect for a console. Every Modern app game can build in Kinect support or if the controller has a touchpad like Ouya, then you can use all apps with no more input on devs part. This will help tablet sales as apps can work cross platform, finally get your buy once idea play it on tablet and console because it is the same OS. Get more dev interest because the Xbox is already used less for the games. MS won't have to make apps anymore like Netflix, Skype is all ready rumored to be the voice chat. This is what Bill Gates wanted since Xbox 1...so...

Thoughts?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the "real reason for Windows RT" is to help ease consumers off of legacy apps and ensure the success of the new marketplace... for the inevitable dropping of the desktop interface entirely.

Not sure about the next xbox though.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a pretty brilliant and straight forward concept. Microsoft has made an OS that works on PC and tablet alike, I think it makes great sense to put it in the next Xbox as well (probably without the desktop or with some changes to it).

It will truly combine all devices in one, you'll only need to download apps once and well, It's just a very good idea all around. I really hope Microsoft'll do something like it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wouldnt surprise me to see this on the next xbox at all - they have already changed the xbox interface so its almost metro in its appearance now- it wont be too much of a jump for people if it does go full windows 8 style.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism