Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone grabbed this game? I rented it a couple of nights ago, and it is better than I expected. Post your thoughts on it (if you have any) here.

I think that it plays similarly to Borderlands. The vehicles handle in a similar way (read: TERRIBLY). Shooting feels similar to that game as well, though Defiance is third-person (Borderlands is first-person). My only complaint about the game itself is that the community is pretty weak. There's no real MMO interactions within the game, save for the arkfall events. I'd love to find some people to play with (my gamertag is lil frier, if you want to add me and play together). There are a LOT of hiccups within the game (and the servers aren't exactly stable all the time), but I can forgive them because of how much content and entertainment value there is within the game. I managed to play until 7:30 this morning because I was so into playing.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone grabbed this game? I rented it a couple of nights ago, and it is better than I expected. Post your thoughts on it (if you have any) here.

I think that it plays similarly to Borderlands. The vehicles handle in a similar way (read: TERRIBLY). Shooting feels similar to that game as well, though Defiance is third-person (Borderlands is first-person). My only complaint about the game itself is that the community is pretty weak. There's no real MMO interactions within the game, save for the arkfall events. I'd love to find some people to play with (my gamertag is lil frier, if you want to add me and play together). There are a LOT of hiccups within the game (and the servers aren't exactly stable all the time), but I can forgive them because of how much content and entertainment value there is within the game. I managed to play until 7:30 this morning because I was so into playing.

I just heard about this game 5 min ago. Friend of mine was raving about it. Thinking about checking it out!

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm really enjoying this game, can't get enough of it at the moment! Personally, I think its a great game. Theres nothing really out at the moment that's quite like it. Sure it does have its bugs and occassional sound dropout but the devs are proactively working to get all the issues sorted out.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I played the beta once, just didn't like it. I thought the graphics were pretty weak. Much prefer the art style of Borderlands, but stopped playing that as I got real sick of opening so many boxes.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I played the beta once, just didn't like it. I thought the graphics were pretty weak. Much prefer the art style of Borderlands, but stopped playing that as I got real sick of opening so many boxes.

I hated the art style of Borderlands, nor did I like it when it was semi-copied in RAGE, though I did like both games from the gameplay perspective. As for the graphics, I simply don't care. MMOs are never known for their graphical prowess.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I may give it another go. I did get quite excited for the beta, but it came on a very busy weekend for me, so that did not help.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely going to grow. Look at the map, and you can already see the expansions that appear to be on the way, sort-of like how you could see where Skyrim would expand to. It's definitely a MUCH-smaller area than something like World of Warcraft but that game allows for flying mounts and has 9 years and 4 expansions of growth built into it, while this game is still in its infancy (less than a month old). I'm legitimately concerned that the overall amount of content will be slow and unfulfilling though, in a similar way that WoW's patches last 2-3 times longer than they should, most of the time. I beat the campaign in under a week (while not even focusing on doing so), and it was ridiculously easy, and the events and Arkfalls become extremely redundant after a while. Here's hoping that the first DLC missions don't take long to arrive, and the Episode missions due out in a few days are sufficient.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb