Why is there a limit to the amount of xbl friends you can have?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
99 currently, but in my opinion it is highly likely to increase. There have been many rumours over the last 5 years that the existing limit would be increased, so I am pretty sure it will happen when they move to the next one.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Friends are different from acquaintances, besides there are lots of immature gamers online, everywhere, it's not that easy to make friends. It's like high school, even Microsoft has terms for it.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The limit comes from the original Xbox, the original Xbox live infrastructure was restricted to 99. Now that they have officially suspended the online features of the legacy console the restriction should be able to be lifted, my guess is that they are waiting for the next generation of the console and the service to announce it.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think its pretty stupid that they have a limit, I literally have 4 gamertags at 90+ two of them are silver a d I,just use them to invite friends and two are gold,and I actively power level and boost in Halo 4 and Halo 3. Its easy for me to get 100 friends in two or three days on Xbox with all the competitive customs and power leveling in MM on Halo 4. I need to clear out my FL though since alot of people moved to different game I think I should only have about 200 total but I just,cleared my main account and added about 15 new people first day CSR came out in H4.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It would be easier to boost achievements if they lifted that limit. Then maybe I could have friends group and a achievement group.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon