So, who's getting an Xbox One?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, and I'm just thinking out loud, but if COD: Ghost has a release date of 11/5/13, what do you think are the chances that the One will be released before that?

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I cant sell my used games, my friends cant play my games on their accounts, i cant play their games on mine.
Have to Activate the game online so if Live is down or my conection is ****ed i cant play the game i bought.

I hate the new Xbox as much as i hate Ps4 because both will do this, anti-consumer.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, and I'm just thinking out loud, but if COD: Ghost has a release date of 11/5/13, what do you think are the chances that the One will be released before that?
Ooo, didn't even make that connection. Nice. Although my guess is the One will be released ON 11/5 with COD: Ghost as a launch title.

I cant sell my used games, my friends cant play my games on their accounts, i cant play their games on mine.
Have to Activate the game online so if Live is down or my conection is ****ed i cant play the game i bought.

I hate the new Xbox as much as i hate Ps4 because both will do this, anti-consumer.
You don't know how things are going to work yet. Nobody does, and details haven't been provided at all right now. Don't get yourself worked up over things you're unsure of right now. Now you have the worst case scenario... so just wait and Microsoft may have implemented it in an ingenious way, or maybe everybody's taken everything and blown it out of proportion. Look at how far "always online" went, and it has been confirmed that you can completely unplug your xbox from the internet and still play your games. Just take everything with a grain of salt right now.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Various reports on how used game selling will be limited to a report on how you have to get "online" with your Xbox once a day make me cringe. Also, while the TV/switching to other programs is cool, at the end of the day, it comes down to the games for me. Sony did a great job building a lot of IPs ranging from Uncharted to Heavy Rain. I expect them to continue that trend with the PS4.

Even though MS has said they will have 14 exclusives this year or whatever, I can't help but imagine they will be some gimmicky Kinect Dance Off Extreme stuff I could care less about. 360's only notable exclusives were Gears of War and Halo sadly.

bespinct

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I am not much of a gamer, but was recently given a PS3 and enjoy the few games I have and the other entertainment available (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc). With all of the talk that the next XBOX would replace your cable box, I was hoping that it would also handle DVR duties. While my Tivo has been serviceable, I was hoping for something that would shakeup the TV Box industry. Not happening yet, and certainly not with just a 500GB drive. Might still pick it up, but not anywhere close to launch day.

malih

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I used to be a PC gamer turned iOS gamer, but I'm interested to get back on the big screen without the hassle of having to upgrade GPU every now and then,

So yeah, XBox One for me

anon(6014961)

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Had a 360 with kinect since my ps2 broke a year ago, was impressed with what you can do on it. But i'm not a console gamer, the only thing the 360 gets used for is Windows Media Center extender to watch TV shows and movies that I download (Legally)

If the XBox One does this, and works through my TV box then I think i'll have to go get one :)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Definitely a launch day purchase for me.

Have also had a thought and I do hope it works. It's something that was hinted at in the launch but not detailed fully.

With all the cloud capabilities of this new generation, what if signing in to xbox one works the same as windows 8? As in can I log on to any windows 8 device with my log in and it pulls in my homescreen? If a friend comes round for a bit of multiplayer will the Kinect recognise him and his XBL profile and instantly side load all his preferences and his saves for the game so there isn't any setup involved for him to play on the game and any achievements he earns while playing go directly to his profile.

This already works on Xbox 360 if you make your saves to the cloud. Which is why im hoping that with the extended Kinect functionality and all those extra servers they are adding to handle all the data that my friend could sit down next to me, give the xbox a command and it instantly logs him in as player two and pulls in all his save data for all the games we share.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven