So, who's getting an Xbox One?

MC_A_DOT

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I will be waiting at GAME until midnight launch like always. I will also book a week off work and buy loads of alcohol. Alcohol + XBOX One = a good time

Patiently waiting...

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just been down to pre order mine, first in Chelmsford to pre order at my local GAME :p

I'll be getting Forza 5, the new Remedy game, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed 4 and the new Call of Duty.

Not to mention any other new launch titles they announce at E3 that tickle me.

Fyka

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I've always had an Xbox but I'm considering switching to PS now! Will wait till E3 and then I'll decide but won't get one straight away, knowing MS and Sony they'll release a different version...hoping MS release a a slim version!

tommikovski

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I?ll try to get ONE at release day "later this year" :)
The PS4 is also very interesting, but the native integration of facebook and other social media platform scared me a little bit off.
Right now the ONE is the best fit for my livingroom media setup and finally i can put the PS3 as Bluray player to sleep :)

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm likely to get the ps4. It's controller preference. However, I'll have to see which console my buddies get. I could go Xbox but it's too early to determine right now. We'll see after E3.

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
2 please, as well as 2 xBox 2's. You know the non-gaming BD & entertainment streaming box that's coming shortly after. That way I can replace my aging but still working DMA2200's.

lantern20

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
It depends on a couple of things. I probably won't get one if each member of my family needs to purchase a license (or disc) to play a game and if there is no offline use. My internets are unreliable at times. They like to stop working Friday evenings after the service techs go home for the weekend. Besides, if I'm playing a single player game why do I need interenet connect?

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested, not so much for the gaming, but for the rest of it. Sure, some games I would probably get for it, but I don't really believe in paying 60? for a game that barely lasts 20 hours. It would nicely fulfill my Microsoft ecosystem (Win 8, Surface, WP8) and get me a bluray player at the same time.

This is how I feel. I might be interested in some of the games but at this point I am interested because it fits so many needs in my living room. The gaming is a bonus. I'll see if E3 brings up anything that piques my interest. Watchdogs looks kinda cool, but other than that I'm clueless... It's been awhile since I was into gaming

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a gamer , I don't even have an xbox or a PS.I just want to share this video i found on you tube. I think is kind of funny and the guy has some valid points.
Xbox One Reveal: Angry Rant - YouTube

He makes some very good points. I agree that they are completely wrong in charging a separate fee for a second hand game. If you copy it to your hard drive then yeah, charge a fee, they shouldn't allow rampant piracy, but if you don't and you play from the disc, then there should be no fee. How are they going to handle rentals? If the fee is only charged when copying the game and playing from the hard drive then I agree with Microsoft's method.

MFmonster

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I am very intrigued. I hope it is as fast and snappy as mentioned yesterday. I knew it would not be backwards compatible, but I was still hoping for a limited amount or the XBLA titles to transfer. It was dream but I already have a Wii-u, ps3, and 360, and was hoping I could replace the 360 with the One like I did with the Wii. Unfortunatly I cannot so that is my only hesitation.

Gurggles

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I was going to buy one, but MS did not want my money when I was throwing it at my screen! Call that customer service?!

But yeah, I am looking forward to finally owning a blu-ray/mega-tanment device like this.

millerliteboy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't going to rush to get One and likely still wont, but with the announcement of the NFL partnership will definitely be getting One before the start to the 2014 season.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Nope. It provides nothing to drive me to buy one, especially since most of the games I play are used. 90% of its features wouldn't be used in my house. When the next Halo comes out in 2014 or 2015 then I'll probably dive in.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So you've heard the specs, the news and the games that are coming. I've included a rundown of the specs and some pictures of the device below for reference:

Specs:

Operating System: 3 - Microsoft Kernel, Xbox OS with Hyper-V tying both together.
CPU: AMD/Microsoft Custom 8-core (Process yet to be announced)
GPU (on cpu die): DirectX 11.1 and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory.
RAM:
8GB
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray (with DVD playback compatibility)
HDMI: In and Out, Version 1.4
USB Support: Version 3.0
Hard Drive: 500GB (Supports external mass storage devices for expansion)
WiFi: Yes, 3 radios supporting 802.11n, peripheral connection & WiFi Direct.
Ethernet: Yes
Audio and Video: 1080p and 4K both supported; 7.1 surround sound.
Kinect: Version 2.0, bundled with the console and contains 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor and 1080p resolution at 30 Frames Per Second. Webcam functionality will use a resolution of 720p.
Backwards Compatibility (Xbox 360 games): Not yet announced

Discuss below your thoughts and impressions, and whether you intend to get One!

I corrected some of the specs you've listed, clarifying a few items, and changing a few others to specifically show what is actually known.

Joe.User

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
It's the living room media hub that every techie has been waiting for! And the next-gen gaming experiences will be quite a step up! I sincerely hope there is a way to record live TV... so I can get rid of the clunky and slow DVR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes