Should I sell my 360 now or wait?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Do you guys think 360 will hold its resale value (avg $200-$250 on Craigslist and Ebay for 250GB w/ Kinect + games) when the One drops? Or sell it now? I'm definitely going to buy the One.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Very good question. I'm wondering the same thing. Particularly due to the rumors surrounding a possible Xbox-Mini add on to the XO that allows for backwards compatibility. However, I don't want to be stuck for the next four to six months without a gaming console, particularly because I have already payed for live for the year, and the only other system I have (besides my PC) is a Wii...

EDIT: However, with the rumored Mini to only be $100, I think the latest I'm going to wait before I sell my 360 is August/September. That way, it'll still retain some value. As soon as the rumors about the Mini are either confirmed or denied, I think the resale value is going to drop significantly.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have sold my 360 and Kinect this week. I hear there will be a slimmer slim 360 with quite a big drop in price.
Resale value of older 360s are definitely going to take a big tumble.
So I say sell, sell, sell.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I know Im in the minority here, but I purchased the 360 solely for media content and Kinect games for my family. I'm not a gamer by any means. I only have my PS3, because of my bluray collection. My dream has always been to get rid of my PS3 and Directv box and just have one console on my TV stand. Im so excited to see that that day is upon us. Also, good point about the XBOX Live account.

Xithryl

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the opposite boat, my 360 was stolen earlier this month, and I kinda want to buy a new one, but everyone keeps telling me not to :\ But I really do wan't something until the One comes out, I didn't play games too much minus some Halo 4 here and there, but I did use it for a lot of other media related things... Part of me wants to just do it, but then...idk...

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm in the opposite boat, my 360 was stolen earlier this month, and I kinda want to buy a new one, but everyone keeps telling me not to :\ But I really do wan't something until the One comes out, I didn't play games too much minus some Halo 4 here and there, but I did use it for a lot of other media related things... Part of me wants to just do it, but then...idk...
Damn! I'm sorry to hear about losing your 360. Well if you want my honest opinion, since we purpose the 360 similarly, I'd wait for the One if I was in your shoes.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you'd better keep it, since xbox 360 games are not compatible with xbox one, games for xbox one will still be very few by the time xbox one officially release to market.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I suggest you'd better keep it, since xbox 360 games are not compatible with xbox one, games for xbox one will still be very few by the time xbox one officially release to market.
Yeah, the thing is, I value the media side of Xbox more than I do the games. I haven't even played any of my games in a few months. I usually only play when guests and friends want to.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If you have renter's insurance and/or homeowner's insurance, make a claim and try to recoup some money from that xbox! Either way, I think you should hold off on it. If you have some disposable income and can find a dirt cheap used one then maybe you can go that route, but I say wait. See if you can find another way to do your media-related stuff (and granted, no spur of the moment Halo 4 matches).

You also have the option of waiting a couple of months, waiting until the price drops (as is the point of this thread) and then getting it super cheap until the One comes out by November 5th (we know this thanks to the COD: Ghosts release date. It can't be out for a system that doesn't exist). Maybe August would be good?

heelo

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
My speculation is that they're going to release a diskless 360 for ~$125. They'll position it as an alternative to Apple TV / Roku with superior gaming capabilities.
If true, the legacy 360s are going to be of limited appeal, mostly just as replacement devices for gamers with large libraries of games on disk that they want to continue to play.

MC_A_DOT

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think 360 will hold its resale value (avg $200-$250 on Craigslist and Ebay for 250GB w/ Kinect + games) when the One drops? Or sell it now? I'm definitely going to buy the One.

If you have two XBOX's sell one lol

I'm stuck. I payed the full whack for my limited edition console so I hope it keeps some sort of value.

I won't be selling mine anytime soon because I need my daily dose of gaming.

MC_A_DOT

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Damn! I'm sorry to hear about losing your 360. Well if you want my honest opinion, since we purpose the 360 similarly, I'd wait for the One if I was in your shoes.

But waiting is the hardest part lol well for me anyway, I'm a pretty hardcore gamer...even at my age :confused:

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
There are supposed to be some 360 announcements at E3 so resell and new sale prices may change after that depending on what is announced.

Mainer82

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm keeping mine, I keep all consoles/games. I am getting the new console day one (if possible) and plan to keep the 360 up and running because I don't think that I'm going to be able to finish all of my games I'm going through right now.

TrueGamer

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello I just stumbled across this forum and I need help with my 360
I have an original 360 external hdd that i took apart and plugged into a computer formatted and then when i put it into my xbox it doesn't work when it is put into my friends it does
will microsoft cover this in warranty or should i break the seal and do it my self

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa