05-22-2013, 05:21 PM #1
- 552 Posts
For everyone looking at the negatives of game drm, open your mind.
You will never have to worry about losing game discs.
You will never have to worry about stolen games. It doesn't matter if it gets stolen, and no one is going to steal a game they can't use anyway.
It doesn't matter if your disc gets damaged or scratched.
- 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM #2
Now, think of what the negatives MIGHT be:
1. You might not be able to lend games to friends indefinitely (they might make games have a temporary unlock for lending), or at all.
2. Renting games might be a pain (could require temporary unlock codes from the rental company).
3. Used games might become more expensive (depending on the price of the unlock code).
I'll take careless folks scratching their discs in exchange for not having those 3 things above happening.
05-22-2013, 08:09 PM #7
- 162 Posts
Does this mean that once a game is on the hard drive we will no longer need to insert the disc to start the game?
Not into buying used games but on the same token can understand how those that are may be upset about the this not everyone can afford to pay full price when you are on a budget.
05-22-2013, 09:36 PM #8
- 150 Posts
- 05-22-2013, 11:28 PM #10
05-23-2013, 10:54 AM #11
- 2,777 Posts
- 05-23-2013, 02:15 PM #12
- By badMojo69 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM
- By jaimeastin in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 22Last Post: 04-18-2013, 10:47 PM
- By tbonecopper in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 11-10-2012, 01:06 PM
- By ronikaps in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-20-2011, 02:43 PM