Heart beat monitoring?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Still wondering if this will need an adapter or something. So, if someone is wearing a light sweater, it can tell your heartbeat ? Not sure how that is even possible as it's taking it's info from what the eye can see.

They claim it can do it, so it should do it but, the big question is how and how accurate it will be.

Storl

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Still wondering if this will need an adapter or something. So, if someone is wearing a light sweater, it can tell your heartbeat ? Not sure how that is even possible as it's taking it's info from what the eye can see.

They claim it can do it, so it should do it but, the big question is how and how accurate it will be.

Well it can't really be very accurate, but i suppose they are using the Time of Flight sensor for this, each photon that bounces off somewhere has a different time it will come back, so technically this sensor could see your veins pulsing, your head is usually exposed so this is probably where they try to focus on.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well it can't really be very accurate, but i suppose they are using the Time of Flight sensor for this, each photon that bounces off somewhere has a different time it will come back, so technically this sensor could see your veins pulsing, your head is usually exposed so this is probably where they try to focus on.

This is a very advanced tech - Apple fans must be drooling.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I hard read that it reads your heartbeat through your face and can notice the changes in your skin. Apparently the way the system works it doesn't matter how light or dark an individual's skin is for it to work. Pretty neat.

Even though it seems weird, this is a much better solution to the Nintendo Vitality Sensor from a few E3s back...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, it was said that it reads the micro fluctuations from your skin or something like that, so basically very small changes in your skin caused by the heartbeat and all that. In that one video from Wired, it estimated the heartrate into 60 for the wired-guy, which is pretty basic, but I guess it could claim that even without working lol. Would have to see some video from a person doing a workout and see if it rises properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077