What will happen to my MS Points.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So we all know that Microsoft is ditching MS Points. Do you think they will be converted into $$ at sometime or will they only be able to be used on the 360? I currently have almost 7000 Points that i have nothing i really want to spend it on. I'm really hoping they convert them into real money and allow me to use it on other Microsoft services.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link! That actually leads to the official page, which is here: Microsoft Account Transition to Local Currency | Billing and Subscriptions - Xbox.com

It looks like the points will be converted into currency, which are then deposited into your Microsoft Account. Oh happy day, because check out this little nugget of info at the bottom:

Where can I use the funds in my Microsoft account?
At this time, your Microsoft account can be used to buy a variety Xbox content from your favorite Xbox stores, as well as content from the Windows Phone Store using your Windows Phone 8.

I imagine this will also apply to the Xbox One store, and surely they will have PLENTY of content in there... including full version games, which we all of course know. This is a good thing, considering I have over $50 worth of points from gifts, promos, and Xbox Live Rewards program It's hard to believe that they are actually starting to tie things into Windows Phone now. THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Now to tip WPCentral for front page news...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I have 9600 points in my account. I hope they give me retail credit for it (I got in a deal for 1200 MS points for $5 and stocked up, had almost 15K at one point) if I dont use it by then...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How do you people do it? I put points on my account and they are gone in days. I can even make 4200 disappear in short order then realise that I've just spent ?35

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Now that they dropped the "$5 for WP8 Store" from Bing Rewards, the 400 MS Points, from Bing Rewards, will be a better deal (once they convert over this fall)!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Now that they dropped the "$5 for WP8 Store" from Bing Rewards, the 400 MS Points, from Bing Rewards, will be a better deal (once they convert over this fall)!
Good point! Cash in on 400 points now, get AT LEAST $5 cash in November for each 400 point redemption, buy all your WP8 apps then :) Good thinking

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Wow, they got rid of that? That's SUPER stupid. I was about to buy one or two with Spartan Assault about to launch.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If I can use my extra points for WP8 stuff, SCORE! that would be awesome. I have several thousand that has been just sitting there waiting for something good to come along!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa