The XBOX 360 - Future Indie Paradise?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to make a guess. I just wanted to put this here so that I can pat myself on the back later if I'm right. hahaha

We know that with the XBOX ONE, all games will need to have a Publisher backing them. This has made people say that MS is abandoning Indie Games.

We also know that Indie Games rarely, if ever, needed the power of the 360. The games are much smaller, and are focused more on game mechanics that stunning high polygon visuals.

What if the plan that MS hasn't revealed yet is that the 360 will be supported for several years to come? Publishers will still make games for it, and the rules regarding Indie development on it will be relaxed. No more $40,000 fees for game patches after the first one. A much cheaper and smaller barrier to entry. A hub that is focused on promoting Indie Games?

Do you think it's possible that this happens?

If it does, does that make me a genius? ...or maybe just psychic?

Which ever it is, I think my powers should be worth a lot of money.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Not going to happen. I read an article yesterday on Joystiq on Indies. One in particular a big PC publisher looking to go next Gen. Sony made it clear they are Indie friendly, while the publisher noted MS didn't even try to pose as indie friendly. They don't seem to care about them, and if they do they're keeping it a secret.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234