Actual outsider experience on the noise levels of X1

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, they said that they were going to use the same game-checking system as on the 360. That means you'd install to the HDD, but it'd still spin up the disc, no?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Serious question: Is anyone really bothered by sound made by any console? A lot of people have said the Dreamcast was the worst at loud noises and it never was an issue for me. It seems like just a reason for some to complain.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, to an extent I am.

Sure, the console is quite a bit further away than my PC, but my PC makes a terrible amount of noise when playing (even idle, but that its bearable), let alone if I actually put in a disc into the drive. It's easily on very disturbing levels for me and I don't want that with the Xbox One as well.

I didnt have a 360 or PS3, but some people also say that depending on batch/variation, those could also be very loud at times, to the point where it started to be annoying.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think age was the biggest factor. When my non-slim 360 got old, it started getting loud--REALLY loud. I agree though that it never really bothers me, because I'm never turning my console on to sit in silence. Game noise always drowns out the fan noise of the console, unless you sit with your ear to the Xbox or something.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Serious question: Is anyone really bothered by sound made by any console? A lot of people have said the Dreamcast was the worst at loud noises and it never was an issue for me. It seems like just a reason for some to complain.
noise while gaming- no
noise while watching movies or videos- yes

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If the following things are as real as hyped:

* instant switching between game & media environments
* super accurate Kinect(voice and gesture)
* super quiet console

Then the XBONE will have a good chance at surpassing the PS4 in sales after the initial 6 month "damage control" period.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I will say that my PS3 and XBOX 360 are about on par in their 'noise level.' Not bad, but noticeable. I downloaded the digital copy of The Last of Us and that game is LOUD on my PS3... especially if the game is trying to be moody and taking out the music to raise the tension you feel. Killed because of my loud PS3.

My 360 is loud too, but I was surprised how loud the PS3 could get without a disc playing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99