12-14-2016 11:40 AM
244 12345 ...
tools
    I've sometimes gotten the situation where the XBOX One turns on, but it doesn't turn on my TV and satellite box... If I turn those on manually the TV will work great, but I won't get the feed from my satellite box - eventually timing out at some point with an 'error' message.

The only thing I've figured out how to fix the issue is to shut down the XBOX One completely (either by holding the "ON" button for 8-10 seconds or unplugging the unit from the power brick), waiting 30 seconds and then plugging it in again and starting it up. Doing that 'resets' something and allows the TV feed to come back on and control the 'on/off' ability of the TV and satellite box like normal.

Hopefully this is just a software issue that Microsoft can work the kinks out of.

The other way that you can 'prevent' this from happening appears to be taking the XBOX One out of standby mode so that when it powers down it turns completely off (which I don't to do) since that'll essentially be doing the same thing as unplugging it for 30 seconds...
    I have had this too...and I just unplug it and plug it back in.
    12-05-2013 10:33 PM
    I've had two more problems arise:
    1. my Xbox Live connection seems to go out quite often. An app will stop working or crash and then the console will tell me I'm not connected to the Internet. I'll go test the connection, it'll say everything is fine (even though it just said everything was not fine and I didn't do anything to fix it) and then it'll work again.
    2. All of my pinned apps just got deleted somehow and it won't let me pin new ones. I'll try shutting off the console.
    Does no one else have problems with their Internet connection on their Xbox One? Mine goes out almost every time I use it--or rather, the console claims it has lost connection, then I go into settings and re-test the connection and it says it's fine and then starts working again.

Also, saying "Xbox, on" turns on my Xbox and my TV but saying "Xbox, turn off" only turns off my Xbox and not my TV. Have I missed something in settings? It's not a huge deal because the TV will turn itself off in like 15 minutes, but...
    12-08-2013 07:28 PM
    Does no one else have problems with their Internet connection on their Xbox One? Mine goes out almost every time I use it--or rather, the console claims it has lost connection, then I go into settings and re-test the connection and it says it's fine and then starts working again.

Also, saying "Xbox, on" turns on my Xbox and my TV but saying "Xbox, turn off" only turns off my Xbox and not my TV. Have I missed something in settings? It's not a huge deal because the TV will turn itself off in like 15 minutes, but...
    xbone only sends signal to turn on tv but no signal to tv to turn off but like mine it shuts down after a while then turns on when I say Xbox on
    12-08-2013 08:28 PM
    I'm curious do your guys TV remotes have an on and and off button on them?

My xbox turns on/off my TV and my Audio receiver with no problems.
    12-08-2013 08:37 PM
    xbone only sends signal to turn on tv but no signal to tv to turn off but like mine it shuts down after a while then turns on when I say Xbox on
    That's wrong.

When I say "Xbox, On" it turns on my XBOX, my DirecTV receiver, and my TV. When I say "Xbox, turn off" it turns off my XBOX, my DirecTV receiver, and my TV.

What I would try is doing a 'hard reboot' (press and hold the power button on the XBOX One for about 10 seconds) and see if it fixes itself. If that doesn't work, then go into the (I believe) settings for either TV or Kinect or power and make sure that the check boxes are marked for turning your TV on and off with the XBOX One...
    12-09-2013 09:52 AM
    There is a setting in the 'TV and Oneguide' section of settings that has to be ticked for the Xbox turn off command to turn stuff other than your Xbox off. Mine was off by default :S

Sorry if its been said already, I didn't read the whole thread, sneaky post while at work :)
    12-09-2013 10:29 AM
    If I put FIFA into suspend mode to watch TV for a bit, every time I come back it gives me a connection error. That is a FIFA problem though and how EA handles the internet connection between the game and the console when it is not the app of focus.

I've never once had an actual connection issue. (I'm hardwired also, not WiFi)
    12-09-2013 01:54 PM
    12-10-2013 02:07 AM
    Bit of a strange one but I have a problem in that quite often when I pause a game it will unpause itself a few seconds later. No idea what is causing it but its happened multiple times on both Ghosts & Ryse. I now just hit the home button instead but would still like to know what causes it!
    12-10-2013 07:15 AM

The network thing can be related to using the Resume Games Instantly (Beta) option, if I resume a game with that turned on after the Xbox has been in standby it always tells me it lost Xbox Live connection at first.

For the power off equipment: you have to go into settings, under TV and then under Power settings to set if it turns off your equipment when you say Xbox turn off.
    12-14-2013 07:42 PM
    Bit of a strange one but I have a problem in that quite often when I pause a game it will unpause itself a few seconds later. No idea what is causing it but its happened multiple times on both Ghosts & Ryse. I now just hit the home button instead but would still like to know what causes it!
    It's the Kinect, when in game it responds to voice commands without you having to say "Xbox" first. Try disabling kinect voice commands for menu navigation from the in game options.
    Gareth Walton and jc84 like this.
    12-14-2013 07:44 PM
    Confirmed!

I had this all the time with Dead Rising 3 until I disabled the Kinnect.
    12-15-2013 02:57 PM
    Sometimes when I play Ghosts, and I join a game with a lot of people in it, it puts me in the playlist with 5 people, and whenever I exit and go to the same game, it puts me in the SAME playlist! Not sure if it is a Xbox issue or Infinity Ward's.
    12-15-2013 03:03 PM
    just a quick question., how noisy is hard drive in your console? can you hear it's working?
    12-16-2013 03:28 AM
    just a quick question., how noisy is hard drive in your console? can you hear it's working?
    super quiet
    12-16-2013 09:31 PM
    Any one figure out how squads work on bf4? Absolute debacle!!!!
    12-16-2013 09:32 PM
    I don't know if it is my hard drive, but I hear a high pitched noise coming from the system. Happened on my 360 as well (worse on the 360).
    12-16-2013 09:54 PM
    Any one figure out how squads work on bf4? Absolute debacle!!!!
    After hearing how bf4 STILL has issues (even on other systems), I'm not giving them my money. Sticking with Ghosts for now.
    12-16-2013 09:55 PM
    Not loud at all. You can hear it when you're around 3 feet away (about 1 metre for you metric folk), but farther than that away and it's indistinguishable from normal background noise (I live downtown... so it's never dead quiet). I normally sit around 8-12 feet away from the TV and Xbox so I never really hear it.
    12-17-2013 11:37 PM
    as I am now on my 2nd unit (the first one was scratched and couldn't be turned off so I replaced it with new unit), I think hdd activity noise (that typical, clack, clack, clack type of sound) is louder than it was on the first unit I had. It reminds me of my fragmented hdd in old desktop pc. I can hear it when sitting 8-9feets ways from the console which is pretty annoying. The first unit I had was dead silent. Spke with MS representative and he said hdd really should be quite and inaudible from certain distance.
    Need to replace it again. :/
    12-18-2013 01:40 AM
    Sometimes, after hard resetting the Xbox One due to a Battlefield 4 crash, it loses the router settings. When the dashboard comes up, it won't connect to Live. Then when I go to Network Settings, there is no longer a wireless connection set up. I have to find my router, connect to it, and enter the password all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't find anything about it.
    12-18-2013 12:36 PM
    Sometimes, after hard resetting the Xbox One due to a Battlefield 4 crash, it loses the router settings. When the dashboard comes up, it won't connect to Live. Then when I go to Network Settings, there is no longer a wireless connection set up. I have to find my router, connect to it, and enter the password all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can't find anything about it.
    Sounds like something they built into the system to clear out bad WiFi settings. I've never had the issue but I'm hardwired.
    12-18-2013 01:19 PM
    I wired my entire house with Ethernet in preparation for getting my xbone :P

and i have a $200 Asus ACband router :P

I will never trust gaming via wireless connection.
    12-19-2013 09:14 AM
    So here's an interesting one...

I live in Michigan - we just had a pretty bad ice storm that knocked our power out for almost 3 days (we were estimated to be out a week, so that was awesome).

So, we have power back, but our internet is still down. Apparently, before the power went out Dead Rising 3 was downloading an update (it was at 83% when the power went out). I can't get it to not download and when I canceled the installation it removed the game from the 'My games and apps' page... I wanted to show it off to my brother-in-law, but now I can't... hmm.. frustrating... Don't know how to get it back..
    12-24-2013 09:03 AM
    Can you tether it to your cell phone to finish the update? either creating a wifi hotspot or sharing the internet through a computer?
    ncxcstud likes this.
    12-24-2013 11:10 AM
244 12345 ...