Where are the apps?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting pretty patiently for new Xbox One apps. I actually use the apps, such as Amazon Instant (needs some features, which probably won't come now that Amazon is pushing Fire TV), CW (to watch Arrow), FoxNow, FoxFXNow, etc. Sure, they released some useless apps like Bonaroo, but there were apps on the 360 that never made it to the Xbox One.

WHERE IS HBO GO?

I'm really surprised Microsoft hasn't added apps for weather, email, calendar, etc., or any of the Bing apps.

Has anybody seen anything on the Web hinting at any new apps coming? I've searched and I can't find anything.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The thought of an Email app would be very interesting, but not sure how often I'd use it. At least not until there is a keyboard accessory. If I have to use my Smartphone/Tablet to type (which I do often) then I might as well use the Email function ON my phone to email. [So in short, it is basically worthless as you'd never use the controller to email]

1st and foremost, I want a BETTER MLB app. They got rid of the 'skip to next inning' function and it basically has made the DVR capability functions completely worthless. The FF freezes the picture on the screen so you have no idea when the game gets back from commercial nor what inning you have skipped to. Just annoying.

More than any of that stuff though I want Cortana! How cool would it be to tell Cortana to remind you to do XYZ when you get online later and you sign onto your Xbox and get the reminder. or have her load up games remotely or whatever.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've personally pinned my Outlook calendar on the dashboard, it works just fine for viewing what's happening today/this week on the big screen, all available to me with voice commands. Obviously a real calendar app would be better, but this one suffices for now :p

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The thought of an Email app would be very interesting, but not sure how often I'd use it. At least not until there is a keyboard accessory. If I have to use my Smartphone/Tablet to type (which I do often) then I might as well use the Email function ON my phone to email. [So in short, it is basically worthless as you'd never use the controller to email]

1st and foremost, I want a BETTER MLB app. They got rid of the 'skip to next inning' function and it basically has made the DVR capability functions completely worthless. The FF freezes the picture on the screen so you have no idea when the game gets back from commercial nor what inning you have skipped to. Just annoying.

More than any of that stuff though I want Cortana! How cool would it be to tell Cortana to remind you to do XYZ when you get online later and you sign onto your Xbox and get the reminder. or have her load up games remotely or whatever.

I thought about the difficulty using the controller to email. However, it would be nice to get a notification on the television when I get an email, as long as it's not too intrusive. Same thing with the calendar.

Also, I wish Skype had more of the Google Voice functionality, especially if it were free like Google Voice. That would make Skype really useful when playing a game or watching TV.

I think the Bing apps (news, weather, sports, health, etc.) are a natural fit for the Xbox One. I could see people snapping one of them while they play a game or watch TV.

Since I posted this, there has been some news about new apps coming, so maybe they'll start coming more frequently. I'm still wondering about HBO Go, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon