PBR9002 and purchasing issues

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I have been having issues with purchasing.. It seems that the marketplace has now been region locked!:(( has anyone else been experiencing this issue?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a a region block in general. There'd be a looot bigger fuzz over that. I havnt had the need to buy a game to test it yet, but I basically buy most of my games from "wrong regions". This same error code happened a bit around launch of the console to some people, but it wasn't about region blocking per se and MS said they arn't going to region block in that manner.

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's a a region block in general. There'd be a looot bigger fuzz over that. I havnt had the need to buy a game to test it yet, but I basically buy most of my games from "wrong regions". This same error code happened a bit around launch of the console to some people, but it wasn't about region blocking per se and MS said they arn't going to region block in that manner.

I spoke with the support team on the phone. Microsoft STARTED TO REGION BLOCK THE STORE. I was told I have to change the region as it wont work. And Microsoft never said that the DIGITAL MARKETPLACE will be region free. ONLY the physical discs are region free.. This is VERY saddening since not all content is present. Very disappointed at this move

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
PBR9002 occurs when Microsoft blocks your account if it detects fraudulent activity due to different region settings between the account and the console. This happens because Microsoft services follow international trade laws and licensing restrictions, which the user might be avoiding when purchasing content from another region. This some sort of 'region locking' has been placed when the Xbox one launched , and it is likely to prevent users from buying content not really distributed to their country due to licensing restrictions, or by getting the content at a cheaper price (tax evasion).

I've recently had my account blocked and asked a customer representative nicely if she could lift up the block on my account, which she did. Since last night, I've corrected my accounts region settings and billing info. Please also note that there is a high chance of blocking your account permanently if you try to repeatedly purchase content while getting PBR9002 error.

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
PBR9002 occurs when Microsoft blocks your account if it detects fraudulent activity due to different region settings between the account and the console. This happens because Microsoft services follow international trade laws and licensing restrictions, which the user might be avoiding when purchasing content from another region. This some sort of 'region locking' has been placed when the Xbox one launched , and it is likely to prevent users from buying content not really distributed to their country due to licensing restrictions, or by getting the content at a cheaper price (tax evasion).

I've recently had my account blocked and asked a customer representative nicely if she could lift up the block on my account, which she did. Since last night, I've corrected my accounts region settings and billing info. Please also note that there is a high chance of blocking your account permanently if you try to repeatedly purchase content while getting PBR9002 error.

OK- I get what you're saying. but this hasnt been the case for the last 10 months! suddenly changing is weird, at least put out a word you're tightening the region methods.
I never had any issues , and the rep said my account was not blocked but just with incorrect regions.
where did you get the info of a permanent block? i'd love to see a link to the eula/reliable MS source to read further on that.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
PBR9002 is the block that is caused by differing regions of the account. Microsoft didn't have to make any notices regarding with digital locking, that's why their services have different T&Cs in different countries, not to mention tax evasion is fraudulent enough. For the permanent block, some Xbox one users have received an email saying that their account has been blocked permanently from purchasing content, there is actually a lot of user complaints in the Xbox forums if you search the PBR9002 error, you won't miss it.

Marcin Calus

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
The Fact is Micro ****heads dont know deal its geo graphic restriction if u use a proxy and a virual credit r card u can make international purchase regardless my account and xbox 1 is banned for now but hacker group will work with me to earse foreign transaction/ modirators and unban account and console please reply if u want confirmation of any assistance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro