Xbox360 games for gold on one

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
How can I get the xbox360 games for gold downloaded to my xbox one.All I'm seeing for my gold is assassins creed and massive chalice on xbox one.I want to get all the 360 games I can now that backward compatibility is coming.I thought I saw 360 games in the gold section before.Is that right ? Is there a preference somewhere I need to check ?

Thanks

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
The backwards compatibility is still in the early stages of development and not many games have been approved by their owners to be allowed to run on the Xbox One yet. It's also only available to preview members of the Xbox One.

Here's the list of games that are currently available:
Xbox One Backward Compatibility | Xbox

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
The backwards compatibility is still in the early stages of development and not many games have been approved by their owners to be allowed to run on the Xbox One yet. It's also only available to preview members of the Xbox One.

Here's the list of games that are currently available:
Xbox One Backward Compatibility | Xbox

Yes,I know this,I'm talking about games for gold.Specifically how can I claim free xbox 360 games so that I can play them on my xbox one once they become compatable

Last edited:

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
At the risk of stating the obvious, you download them on the 360 that you need to have in order to claim them.

I know this would be the easiest way,but I do own a360 with no WiFi adapter.I have gold membership.I should be entitled to claim them.I Think 360 users can claim xbox one games for gold on their dashboard,This feature should now be added to xbox one for 360 games

Richard Devine

Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
As the previous reply said, backwards compatibility isn't a feature yet. It's only in preview.

If you have a 360 you can probably connect it to the internet for not a lot of money nowadays if you're so keen to take advantage of the deals.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
As the previous reply said, backwards compatibility isn't a feature yet. It's only in preview.

If you have a 360 you can probably connect it to the internet for not a lot of money nowadays if you're so keen to take advantage of the deals.

Yes,I have already stated I knew this,
Anyway,I am confident this will be a feature added in the future to help gold members claim all games from gold games from their xbox one dashboard

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Xbox website and 'buy' them for free in the 360 store. When they become backwards compatible on the One you'll be able to download them from the My Games and Apps menu on your One. They'll be all the way to the right in that menu...

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Go to the Xbox website and 'buy' them for free in the 360 store. When they become backwards compatible on the One you'll be able to download them from the My Games and Apps menu on your One. They'll be all the way to the right in that menu...

Although I can access the current free 360 gold game plants vs zombies on xbox.com.It seems I cannot claim it unless I add payment details.It would be so much easier if I could do this from the xbox one dashboard

Yea, Added my payment details and got the game.Now just need to avoid accidently purchasing other games from this card

Last edited:

wxrusss8

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Although I can access the current free 360 gold game plants vs zombies on xbox.com.It seems I cannot claim it unless I add payment details.It would be so much easier if I could do this from the xbox one dashboard

Yea, Added my payment details and got the game.Now just need to avoid accidently purchasing other games from this card

ncxcstud is right. If you do not want to connect your 360 to the internet, the only way to claim the free Games for Gold 360 games is to go to the Xbox 360 store online and "purchase" the free games when they are available. To be able to claim anything from the One or 360 stores, you have to be signed in and provide payment information (even if your claiming a free game). That's just the way it is. It may seem odd or cumbersome to you, but that's how it is and it works...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte