Neverwinter - Windows Central Guild Discussion

SirMykey

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Well it's been a while but seems as though everyone is getting along ok! Hope everyone is making the most of the event and guild competition :smile:

PerfectZer0

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
FYI, my gametag on XBL is Perfect Zer0, on PSN is PerfectZr0 (though I spend very little time on PSN)
current NW names (xbox only):
Zer0 lvl 70 scourge warlock
Zer0-2 lvl 64 gw fighter
Zer0-3 lvl 61 paladin
Zer0-4 lvl 33 cleric
I'm normally in game on the week ends, during the week I usually only do my professions and invokes

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Good times this morning. We definitely are close to being able to handle two dragons at once, I think. I should be around throughout the afternoon some, but will definitely be around for the stuff tomorrow morning. If you need my assistance with anything (SHEs, dailies, dungeons, etc.), send me a message or invite me to chat.

--Lil Frier@Lil Frier

DEADP00L1391

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm Nathan but everyone on Neverwinter calls me Dean. My gamertag is DEADP00L1391.
I don't have much of a chance to play Neverwinter at the moment, only on my days off from work but when I'm back at university at the end of August I'll be playing on it alot more.

Dean Lv 70 Great Weapon Fighter
Clair Lv 70 Control Wizard
Ralathor Lv 70 Devoted Cleric
Zargothrax Lv 54 Scourge Warlock
Dharg Lv 65 Guardian Fighter
Ser Proletius Lv 65 Trickster Rogue
Pheoenix Lv 35 Oathbound Paladin
Serafina Lv 32 Hunter Ranger

The main three I use are Dean, Ralathor and Ser Proletius

Thyrennia

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey heys. I'm Val, Live tag Thyrennia. Right now only two characters. Tzalvarn Cheysul who's a lvl 70 HR. And there's Rhys Dragosani a level 67 but soon to be 70 CW. Tzalvarn is my main but do play Rhys almost daily too. Play most days and almost always around for guild meetups even if I'm quiet. See you all around.

Viva La Stark

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys!!

I just thought i'd leave this here for those who may need it.

Passing Ad through other alts on the same account

1. Under store click on the Astral Diamonds Exchange option
2. Under buy Zen set unit price for 50 AD. (I use 50 to make the math simple. Plus no one will buy your offer)
3. Set the Zen to buy price for how many AD you wish to move. (Depending on the amount of AD you wish to move at 50 AD per 1 zen)
4. Create a listing (double tap the A button once the numbers are set)
5. Cancel the listing (Press the A button once to cancel the listing)

For an example say you had 10k you wanted to move. With the character you wish to move them from head to the ad exchange. At the top there are 3 tabs. Buy Zen, Sell Zen, Listings. Under buy Zen tab set the unit price to 50. At 50 unit price for 100 zen to buy is 5000 AD. So you would switch the 100 zen to buy to 200 zen to buy to make the final 10,000 AD. Once you have the math figured out create a listing buy pressing the A button twice. From there right or left bumper over to listings on the top tabs and cancel the listing. What's going to happen is that 10k AD will sit in your ad/exchange bank, So you log on to the character who wishes to recieve the AD click on AD/Exchange. Make sure at the top tabs that you have either buy or sell zen selected and all you have to do from there is hit the Y button twice to withdrawl all the AD in the AD/Exchance bank.

Hope this helps...

Viva

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good times this morning. We definitely are close to being able to handle two dragons at once, I think. I should be around throughout the afternoon some, but will definitely be around for the stuff tomorrow morning. If you need my assistance with anything (SHEs, dailies, dungeons, etc.), send me a message or invite me to chat.

--Lil Frier@Lil Frier

Close but we would definitely need better organization as was apparent against the tough dragon. I think we'd need a bit more firepower too. Maybe if we hit 25 people? To do it, we'd have to keep a close eye on the 2 dragon's health and make sure that we have people ready to cruise to the other dragon to "catch up" on damage. But, that is going to be like a 2 minute trip to get from one dragon to the other so the decision would have to be made fairly early - like at the 5 minute mark.

I guess there's really two ways - split people between the two dragons evenly (ex: 7 DPS, 2 healer, 2 Tank at each) and make sure within the DPS, that we don't have the big guns at one. Or, (as someone had suggested) bring all the big hitters to dragon #1, get them down to like 5% and then try to get to #2 leaving a few at #1 to take the last bit off at the same time that #2 goes down.

I think splitting the teams evenly is the better option with enough people. Switching from dragon to dragon drops 2 minutes off the kill time for dragon #2 which would be really cutting it close for us right now (4 minutes dragon #1, 2 minutes travel, 4 minutes dragon #2). Not to mention the coordination of how long it would take to finish off that last 5%. We could try practicing that though on a single dragon run. We could just decide who we're "leaving behind" and see how long it takes them.

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I just realized I never properly introduced myself. My GT is Metal Miracle and I have 4 characters in the guild at this point:

Henry Adam Sunthief, a healadin (2265 il)
Cassie, lvl 67 GWF (planning to level)
Robin Sunstealth, 65 HR who is taking a break, and
Keira Moonshadow, 62 SW in mostly -retirement

Give me a shout if you ever need anything and I 'll lend a hand if I can. :)

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been meaning to ask the Clerics among us what you went with for a build after the last round of changes. I have a very neglected lvl 50 DC that I am thinking about leveling so that I have access to the associated artifact, but if I do so I want to leave her in a condition where I can actually play her if I'd like. With having soloed this far I was running a DO/Righteous setup, but I'm not sure what would be most useful in groups. Thanks for any insights. :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not home now, but if you see me on tonight, feel free to invite me to chat, and I can give you an idea of how I play mine. It can be a bit of a pain to sort out because builds online are so few and outdated, but I haven't had complaints about keeping folks alive, haha.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I threw in another 400 Influence. I put in 800 the first day, so that'll cover my 2800 for the contest. Of course, I'll still get my 400 tomorrow, but just peace of mind for myself to have it in a day early. I also threw in 25 ToT through the Stolen (white) voucher. I'll do my ToT dump tomorrow night, so no one's having to track the logs constantly.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been meaning to ask the Clerics among us what you went with for a build after the last round of changes. I have a very neglected lvl 50 DC that I am thinking about leveling so that I have access to the associated artifact, but if I do so I want to leave her in a condition where I can actually play her if I'd like. With having soloed this far I was running a DO/Righteous setup, but I'm not sure what would be most useful in groups. Thanks for any insights. :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Just a quick mention here, it's going to depend on how you want to heal. Pre-nerf, everyone went with the Haste healing but me, it seemed. That meant taking the HoT healing tree, Virtuous (the top Paragon). I went with Faithful, the middle one, not knowing people basically demanded Haste at the time. I haven't studied the Virtuous build heavily, but the idea is that you can keep heals on people at all times. The best example of using this I can think of is the poison SH dragon. With everyone's taking DoT damage, your HoT healing can counter it and top folks off all the time. However, in a fight like the NW dragon we usually face, you have damage spikes that might not fit that style as well.

The simple way for me to explain why I prefer Faithful was already done by someone else here. This is what was said:

"The not so bright side of virtuous is that when players start taking spike damages that reduces their hp for more than 80% in short spaces of time (and yes, this happens a lot if you don’t have a tank in the group, which is common if queue), virtuous have trouble to heal people to their max hp before they take another hit . . . Using your divinity right, and building it right, you can have an empowered Bastion of Health ready to heal 100k hp instantly."

Basically, HoTs can't save you from two big hits. Bastion of Health (the big heal of the class) is an instant cast in Divinity, so if you're smart in keeping Divinity maxed out constantly, you can throw that down on people at will. Virtuous can be problematic with damage spikes, but it's hard (if you keep Divinity up) to have a situation in Faithful where you aren't able to keep folks up (with the poison dragon example, I have issues when the ranged people spread out and don't stay in range of AoE heals).

The ability choices are covered well in that article (though it's somewhat outdated, I think it mostly still applies), and as I said, I can certainly explain the finer points/choices better in-game, if needed.

--Lil Frier@Lil Frier

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, PWE just drop a very huge re-balance patch on Preview server for PC, its a big nerf for my GF and other class. Be sure to check it out! (Not Final, but most likely will. knowing PWE doesnt listen!)

Here is the forum post of Unofficial patch note.
Neverwinter | Arc Games

good thing is it will take us sometime to get those rebalance patch, we will have enough time to adjust our enchantments.

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, PWE just drop a very huge re-balance patch on Preview server for PC, its a big nerf for my GF and other class. Be sure to check it out! (Not Final, but most likely will. knowing PWE doesnt listen!)

Here is the forum post of Unofficial patch note.
Neverwinter | Arc Games

good thing is it will take us sometime to get those rebalance patch, we will have enough time to adjust our enchantments.

Well this is just crap news. I just started to get my GF relevant (almost 2400 ilvl) and they nerf him....I like literally never seeing my HP bar drop :(

Metal Miracle

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Just a quick mention here, it's going to depend on how you want to heal.

The ability choices are covered well in that article (though it's somewhat outdated, I think it mostly still applies), and as I said, I can certainly explain the finer points/choices better in-game, if needed.

--Lil Frier@Lil Frier

Thank you so much for this, it's a huge help. It's definitely different for me to be thinking about healing directly instead of as a side effect. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just threw the last of my Influence into the Coffer, going to do the ToT in half an hour or so (once my last invoke is ready). After this contest, I'll need something else to keep myself busy. I suppose I'll continue Maze Engine (and its 15 minutes/day of hoopla), and maybe I'll see if we can get folks rounded up for Icewind Dale runs (since it's a paint to solo as a healer).

Good luck to whoever is entering the contest and committing the extra time and effort to getting those goals met (especially with alts!).

--Lil Frier@Lil Frier

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Contest results are in!

Top Treasures of Tyranny Donor: Soxfan13 (Mascurado)
Top Influence Donor: Perfect Zer0 (Zer0)
Top Forum Poster: Lil Frier (Lil Frier)

Winners

Runic Bag of HoldingLil Frier
5 Lesser Dragon's Hoard EnchantmentsDEADPOOL1391
4 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantmentslittlebib
3 Lesser Dragon's Hoard EnchantmentsF1reReader
2 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantmentsafterthinker
Lesser Dragon's Hoard EnchantmentChalkyDuke849
Goat CompanionTHETRUEGIMIC
Green Archon CompanionsMetal Miracle
sceaduo
sunstar
Zer0

Thanks everyone who participated. Hopefully we can do one of these again soon - probably after we gain another 20+ active players.

Double Seals Weekend

It's 2x Seals weekend, which means everybody should concentrate on earning as many Seals of the Protector as possible. Remember, you need at least 400 Seals to get a piece of Dragonflight Armor, and 600 Seals to get the chest piece.

How to get Seals of the Protector:
  • Castle Never (Even if you can't beat the final boss, you'll still keep any Seals earned from beating the first two bosses)
  • Demogorgon
  • Epic Demogorgon (high Item Level players only)
  • Maze Engine Campaign (Reward for completing Defend the Sword Coast, takes 5 days)
  • Epic Cragmire's Crypt
  • Epic Gray Wolf Den
  • Epic Temple of the Spider
Demogorgon and Maze Engine Campaign are the best bets for low-medium Item Level players. Demogorgon is available via queue every hour on the half hour. Medium Item Level players may be able to earn some from Castle Never as well.

Let's get those Seals, everybody!

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations to all Winner!

Well this is just crap news. I just started to get my GF relevant (almost 2400 ilvl) and they nerf him....I like literally never seeing my HP bar drop :(

dont worry it should still be the same, its just ITF (Into the Frey) thats being affected the most. The tankiness of a GF would always remaind thats because we have higher Armor rating than most classes, well if you stacks DEF that is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss