- 02-25-2016, 06:09 AM #101
You can start dropping the earlier dragons when u have enough for the boon.
Last edited by IccyAsd; 02-25-2016 at 12:31 PM.
- 02-25-2016, 11:28 AM #102
I've managed to get the first 2 boons, and just need 10 more pages for the third.. They just seem to get more expensive as you go up. I've noticed now that I'm getting Dragon Sigils for some quests.. what are those for?
- 02-25-2016, 02:38 PM #104
Looking for more level 70 advice. It seems like I should know the game better than I do, but I don't, so I'll ask and at least tell myself that other people are just too afraid to ask.
1) Am I just having bad luck, or are Epic dungeons just useless to try to do? Every time I join a game, either we get smoked, or everyone is just standing around waiting for a "bubble" to join the game. I'm getting all these Epic keys daily, and haven't used a single one.
2) Just what is a "bubble"? I'm assuming that's one of the cleric's powers?
3) Even at equipment level 2200, I'm still not able survive the Well of Dragons or Icewind Dale quests. But now, they don't even show up for me. I don't see them in my active quests, and nobody offers new ones. This doesn't happen in Sharandar or Dread Ring as I can get through those no problem. Is this just the game telling me not to bother? (which is probably true right now) Maybe I need to abandon a bunch of quests?
4) Is it worth spending Astral Diamonds on the Lillend companion (half woman, half snake with a harp)? I mostly use the basic cleric right now because as a Hunter Ranger, I've found that I need the healing more than a meat shield (I also have an Earth Achron). Seems the Lillend would be a better healer.
More to come I'm sure.
- 02-25-2016, 02:59 PM #105
Just joined last night and I'm looking forward to being a part of a guild that is active and growing. Found you all from a google search "Neverwinter Underdark Boons" and an article written by the OP.
To answer your questions,
1) Epic dungeons will drop the protectors seals which give you access to the tier 2 armor from the seal vendor in the coster market. Attempting an epic dungeon is really hit or miss (more often miss or endless wait) if you are joining a pick up group.
2) Bubble is a reference to a daily power for an Oathbound Paladin. This "bubble" shows up around the OP and "links" everyone else in the party to it (as long as you are close enough - ~80 to 100'?) and mitigates ALL damage received by ANY member that is linked to it by something like 80%. I have seen an OP, and a skilled Devoted Cleric, carry the entire team through final battle in Teurn, and twin scorpions in Lostmauth. When people are asking for a "bubble" they generally already have a Haste Cleric who can boost the AP gain for the Paladin to the point where the bubble can stay up almost indefinitely.
3) I noticed that once I broke 2K gear score all of the quests available to me in Well of Dragons changed. I'm not sure if this is the games way of scaling with the player but I only recently cracked the 2K mark so I could be wrong about that.
4) I have seen some posts on MMO Minds about switching to an augment instead of a companion once you are into the tier two armor. The two reasons given were that companions would likely get killed very quickly and, perhaps more importantly, and buffs/debuffs a DC deals out can be "intercepted" by a companion and not go on a party member. When a companion is likely to have a short life in a long battle the benefits of a heal or buff/debuff really should be on the party members. My main is also a Hunter Ranger, look forward to seeing you in game and talking some build strategy!
And to all of you - I look forward to joining you in Heroics, Dungeons, Skirmishes and help in leveling up. I am only 5 months into this game and I still have a lot to learn but I'm willing to help anyone with anything I can and share my experiences with you all.
Edit: Thank you IccyAsd for the prompt response.
- 02-26-2016, 03:33 AM #106
Epic Dungeon is more of a hit or miss thing i agree, kind of like 50/50 for me, if there is a OP or DC that knows how to heal its a 100% win. Playing GF (Tank build) is much more difficult than any other class, other player would also need to stay out of red zones when my KV(Knights Valor) is up, else i get 1 shot even with 110K hp. end up me being booted from party because the healer doesnt know how to heal right.... so far i have manage to clear Lostmauth with 2 GWF & TR always hard to find DC/OP on random queue, so yeah its a 4 man team.
Companion plays a big roll at end game with Bonding runestone, stacking 3 would get you more stats in battle. Reading from various site some says its better to have them at rank 10/11/12 so you get 3 different stacks than 3 rank 12 that gives higher chance to trigger. It will take me sometime to rearrange my companion stats and gear they cost alot of AD, and ranking up a uncommon companion to epic is going to take more than 750k AD i think, Uncommon > 250k > Rare > 500k > Epic > ???
After reaching lvl70 you should start doing daily quest from Sharandar > Dread Ring & Underdark > Icewind Dale > Well of Dragon, if im not wrong you cannot advance in quest in Icewind Dale if you are not some where near middle of Dread Ring Campaign, you will get a quest when you are ready :) I personally is having hard time in Icewind dale daily, monster hp is just too high for a Tank to kill.
Btw DottKomm i have no idea how you found us with "Neverwinter Underdark Boons" i tried searching but nothing from Windows Central :P i guess you are fated to find us !
Last edited by IccyAsd; 02-26-2016 at 04:33 AM.
02-26-2016, 09:38 AM #107
- 46 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Given that we have several lvl 70s, I would really like to take on some of these T1 dungeons as a guild. I realize that might not be super exciting for all, but it would give us a chance to evaluate our mix of chars and perhaps make a few adjustments to our individual builds. Malabog, Valindra or even Shores would be something to consider.
My in game char is Harbor Smashmouth. He's a ~2.3 level OP. I used one of the perma bubble builds on him. Let me know what you guys think and perhaps we can schedule something for this weekend.
Different topic, but speaking of the ToD campaign, you can get the lesser dragon hoard enchants for 20k in there. When I was picking those up, it was still cheaper than the AH.
Last edited by OldDogSparky; 02-26-2016 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Wrong toon name
- 02-26-2016, 10:10 AM #108
- 02-26-2016, 11:40 AM #109
Heya! I've just been told to notify the powers-that-be that for my character, Berranzan, (real original, I know ) my Gamertag is Jamehz.
Thanks a million! Last week it was BruceLee, now Windows Central, these NW contests/giveaways are giving me new life for this game!
- 02-26-2016, 09:15 PM #110
02-28-2016, 05:01 AM #112
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
hey I just joined your guild yesterday and glad to be apart of it I did have my own guild around the same size as this one the only problem was no one was active enough or participated in upgrading the strong hold so I left it and now im with you guys my char name is Griffith im a lvl 70 bubble pally im fairly active mostly on weekends but im always up for skirmishes or raids basically anything so feel free to msg me or send an invite to do things or add me my gt: Ston3y86
- 02-28-2016, 02:33 PM #113
It was great playing with everyone yesterday and today! Thanks to the dedication and awesomeness of our members, we finally started the Guild Hall upgrade!
We did this by teaming up and completing Heroic Encounters at the Guild Stronghold with our primary and alternate characters. Many people contributed and stuck around, and almost everyone joined our party chat on mic as well. We even succeeded in completing some 15-person Heroic Encounters with only 7 people! Afterward, everyone donated the Influence they earned (400 per character), and we reached our goal.
Some of the people who helped this morning include:
- Sir Griffith (Ston3y86)
- David Belanger (Sunstar)
- Vee (AluHS, aka Yup84)
- Jeb Buttkiss (OrangeBark03)
Thanks also to yesterday's helpers (and anyone else who recently contributed). Yesterday I teamed up on Heroics with:
The upgrade will be ready in 24 hours, on February 29.
Sunday mornings will be our new Heroic Encounter day as a guild. Everyone please try to join every Sunday morning as early as you can, and plan to stay until lunch or just after.
Thanks again, guys!
Last edited by Paul Acevedo; 02-29-2016 at 12:31 AM.
- 03-02-2016, 04:12 AM #116
I sent a guild mail out about our next Stronghold structure.... It has to be a PvP structure! And to really rub things in, this structure costs a bunch of Glory to build. We need 145K more Glory! Augh!!!
So everyone, please do some PvP as soon as you can. I suggest we try to team up in order to make the PvP matches more fun and successful. Each person earns 100+ Glory even if they lose.
I'll be out of town Thursday-Sunday, so I'll miss out on this Sunday's Heroic Encounters meetup. You guys do some Heroic Encounters and kick butt in my place. And then try to spin it off into a little PvP!
Next week we'll have a PvP contest, so be sure to practice as much as you can this week. And keep that Glory coming to the coffer!
Last edited by Paul Acevedo; 03-03-2016 at 12:37 AM.
03-02-2016, 10:54 AM #118
- 11 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Sorry guys i haven't been able to log in coz of personal issues right now but will try to play this weekend. Had a front end collision and so i need to fix this before anything else. Thanks for understanding.
- 03-02-2016, 11:00 AM #119
I'm finally level 70! Whew! That took a while.. at least the Guild-quests for the dungeon crawls helped immensely @ 50,000 exp each, and then working through Spinward Rise to get the artifact weaponry.
I've managed to just buy the Mulhorand daggers at 3k AD each and are great right now, but it appears that the fully upgraded artifact dagger/stiletto of fire will just manage to equal the MH set with an extra gem slot.. is it worth spending all of the gems/marks to upgrade?
The rest of my gear are blues between iL 105-115 each, for a total of 1650 at the moment.. are there any pieces of equipment (for a TR) that are easier/cheaper to buy with AD than grinding for? Otherwise, where would I start finding my own purple gear?
From what I've read so far, there is the Kessel "alliance" set, Black Ice upgraded items, Drowcraft stuff from WoD (as long as you find a group) and the PvP gear to gather their respective "seals" for.. is one better/less grindy than others, or are they all the same in the end, just a matter of concentrating on one set?
Look forward in helping out the Guild a little more, and apparently I have to find a Gorgon to kill around the stronghold.. wish me luck!
- 03-02-2016, 01:14 PM #121
PVP gear has Tenacity which is important for PVP but useless on PVE, so those will be yr end game PVP gear
You forgot Artifact Weapon not only give extra slots, it has skill boost which comes handy.
- 03-03-2016, 12:32 PM #122
Just came to say hi. I'm Farlyn Cheysul@Thyrennia. Fairly active (just at weird times) HR looking forward to actually be able to play with an active guild. I'll try to be around as long as I can on Sundays. Start work shortly after noon so... but see you all around ^.^
- 03-05-2016, 11:51 AM #124
Just want to let you guys know don't waste time on collecting elemental motes, you need to buy wands from trade bar merchant 45 each or 22k AD in AH, it comes with 4 charges, each charge last for 30mins.
Only 1 motes from each Heroic Encounter, I have spend an hour in Fiery Pit chasing after barrels HE only getting 11/100, the artifact weapon isn't that strong either, cant use to feed other artifact after all it is lvl1 only, I would recommend using the artifact weapons you get trough campaign, after that set your target for Twisted Artifact Weapon.
Only do this when you are out of things to do, I would rather spend time killing stuff at stronghold...
03-05-2016, 02:17 PM #125
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hi, I'm Jeb buttkiss@orangebark03. I've been in the guild for about two weeks but never got around to posting until now. I'm a level 68 oathborne paladin (protection) and I'm pretty active usually early mornings eastern time though I get on throughout the day sporadically. I hope to have a lot of fun with you all
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
- By Windows Central Question in forum Windows 8Replies: 3Last Post: 01-21-2016, 01:33 PM
- By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-21-2016, 10:24 AM
- By onysi in forum Windows 10Replies: 8Last Post: 01-21-2016, 09:42 AM
- By Windows Central Question in forum Windows 10Replies: 0Last Post: 01-21-2016, 05:22 AM
- By william9232 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2016, 03:28 AM