Scariest horror games?

Matt Brown

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I still really need to give Outlast another go - played it a few years back and ended up turning off the console during the first chapter ):

Dan Thorp-Lancaster

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I will still never forget playing RE2 in the dark when I was a wee lad. The part where the licker jumps through the interrogation room window may or may not have ruined a pair of pants.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If you can get your hands on the PS2 Fatal Frame games, those are pretty great.*Four and Five on the Wii/U aren't very good, but the old ones will freak you out if*you like Japanese horror movies. Lots of creepy ghosts, jump scares, and a fun mechanic where you have to use your camera to kill the ghosts.

I haven't played it, but everyone says Amnesia is a scary game.*Its like outlast in that you cant defend yourself, and you go crazy whenever you see a monster so hiding is more difficult.*The game created a subgenre of horror games,*outlast included.

You can play the PT game over and over. Its relatively short and the actual game will never be released, but its pretty freaky.

node36

May 3, 2017
Visit site
I can name a few:
Outlast - No fighting back, you have a camera.... You are trapped in an insane asylum. That's just the tip of the iceberg...
Outlast II - Like the first, but you are in a religious village. That's all I am going to say...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Same as outlast, but takes place in a mansion. This game will test your sanity.
Resident Evil HD - You can guess why this is on here.
Resident Evil 4 - Reinvented the RE franchise. I STILL get scared when I hear that chainsaw revving....
Resident Evil 7 - Did the same as RE 4 but upped the scare factor to 11.
The Evil Within - Made by the people who created RE. It has it's moments of pure horror, even homage to RE.
Sanity's Requiem - Never played it, but heard it was REALLY scary and messed with your head.
Harvester - Words cannot describe this game, you just gotta check it out for yourself.
F.E.A.R. - The title alone should give it away. I haven't played this either, but I hear it messes with your head.
Bendy and the Ink Machine - Relatively new and not complete, it answers that question we all have... What if Disney went bad?
Alien Isolation - All the horror of the original movie, with robots called Working Joes thrown in there for good measure.

There are MANY more I can list, but my computer is acting up. Let me know if you try any of these games, they are worth your time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos