Controller randomly disconnects

al4life

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've somewhat recently finally got an Xbox one(not the one s) and have been dealing with the controller disconnecting for brief moments on all games. I replaced my original at GameStop with a 3.5mm jack, checked and replaced batteries, and made sure firmware has been up to date and is. Any help? Really a buzz kill on racing games and GTA v. Has gotten me beat because of it a lot. I've been using a 6 ft micro USB cord I have to keep a good connection, although its not ideal

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If the batteries are new and not just a cheap-0 battery (seen this problem with cheap no name batteries), I might try to shut down the Xbox one, Unplug it for 1 min and plug it back in.

Seen funky stuff like this before and a random reboot takes care of it.

al4life

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Mine are namenrand rechargeable packs I got at GameStop with a charging station. I read changing the wifi module (or wifi board as some call it) solve this issue. Might gutsy up and do it since its a easy fix and the part is cheap

al4life

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Problem seems to persist even with normal AA batteries (non rechargeable). Might stick to my plan of attempting to replace the WiFi board since I don't feel like replacing console to re download my game library and hope for the best.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Problem with controller ? Try a 2nd controller to see if you have the same issue. If it's a new controller, bring it back to the store you got it and ask them to swap it out.

Could be interferance from other devices...not very common tho, try to move your Xbox one to the other side of the room or something. Or even try it on another TV in your home.

I would do this before opening the Xbox one and replacing the WI-FI board, as odds are unless it was a repaired one (by the 3rd party), it would not be that. There is like 2 connections to it, if someone 'screwed it up" then they should not be fixing xbox ones.

If you picked up a 3rd party repaired console and the sticker on the back is gone, I guess you could pop open the cover and take off the plastic cover, as the wi-fi /blue-tooth board is right under the plastic and you should be able to check the connections.

I would try another controller before POPPing it open tho...

Last edited:

al4life

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Im afraid I have tried another controller.i originally thought the same but returned my controller for a brand new one only to find it has the same problem. I bought my Xbox one at GameStop preowned so my guess is it was just wear and tear for my disconnection issues. Funny enough I noticed that they "certify" them to be in working order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb