- 01-17-2017, 10:23 AM #1
I purchased an Elite controller for my son and the 10 ft USB cable stopped working after only a few weeks.
Can I buy any 10 FT replacement cable?
I called Microsoft and they want my son's gamertag and serial numbers for both the controller and Xbox.
Has anyone had success requesting a replacement cable from Microsoft?
Thanks for your comments.
01-17-2017, 12:42 PM #2
- 71 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Just about any USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable should work. In very rare instances, you might come across a cable that only charges and won't transfer data, but those are usually very thin, cheap cables. I haven't requested a replacement cable from them, but their returns/exchange department is pretty good. I exchanged a 360 a while back when I had the RRoD and just recently exchanged my pen for my Surface Pro 4. Going through their chat service was pretty simple. They may ask you to send the cable in to get a replacement, but considering cables are so cheap they may just mail you one. Honestly, if it were me, I'd just find another cable since I have a plethora of USB 2.0 and 3.0 cables laying around.
- By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-17-2017, 10:00 AM
- By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2017, 08:31 AM
- By NinjaWayne in forum Windows 10 MobileReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2017, 06:51 PM
- By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-13-2017, 09:42 AM
- By WindowsCentral.com in forum Windows Central News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-13-2017, 09:11 AM