Fan noise

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I purchased an Xbox one and on first run thought it was faulty due to the loud fan noise that can be heard from about 5m away. Microsoft replaced that but the new unit has the same noise.

Are these simply loud or is there a bad batch of units around?

Thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I watched some videos online and decided that this has to be a bad unit again (Xbox One S not one - my post mistake).

Microsoft are replacing a second time. Hopefully this one will be quiet as it would be hard to enjoy 4k movies with a noise in the silent parts.

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine is as quiet as can be at that distance. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the S is compared to the original Xbox One. I would have expected the S to have either a larger fan or one that spins faster, due to the power supply being incorporated in the unit and the heat it generates, and therefore be louder. Compared to the original though, the S actually seems to be cooler and run much quieter.

But they both make my 360 sound like a turbo jet.

Louis Preaux

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,
I can hear mine if I am 2-3m away, it like a very soft bearing noise, just got it on Wednesday on Amazon UK, not sure that's normal....

Louis Preaux

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I just received my replacement yesterday, and after a day of test, I can confirm that it is much quieter than the previous one.

I can hear nearly nothing after playing Final Fantasy XV for 1h. I really need to mute the sound and concentrate to hear anything.

Conclusion: If your Xbox one is noisy, get a replacement sorted. Amazon sent me a replacement before I had to send mine back. Such a great service!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't recall ever hearing my roommate's Xbox One's fan.

Same here... On my Xbox One (DAY ONE model) and my *new* Xbox One S... I cant hear them unless I am less than 1 foot away. Never thought this was a problem (it was with some 360's)

Hi there,
I can hear mine if I am 2-3m away, it like a very soft bearing noise, just got it on Wednesday on Amazon UK, not sure that's normal....

2 or 3 meters ? So for US people.... 6'-9 feet ? Crap, yea, that would be an issue.

I sit about 5 feet away from my consoles, I can honestly say, I cant hear the fans only ANY of the systems when I am playing, or even at the menu (waiting for a game to download or update, ugh)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb