XBox Sales Going Through The Roof

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what's the reason behind the surge? The 360 has been out for at least 5 years now. I'd figure it would have reached its saturation point by now.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I got (another) one, too! 4gb + Kinect for $199 with $50 gift card (so $149!!!) at midnight on Black Friday from Walmart. I had to stand in line, but it was worth it. Now if we could just get that companion app. Anyone know the date? Will it drop with the update on the 6th?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Out of curiosity, what's the reason behind the surge? The 360 has been out for at least 5 years now. I'd figure it would have reached its saturation point by now.

Well I've been meaning to get it for the Kinect. Just waited around for a good price. Im not what you would call a gamer. I got the PS3 mainly for multimedia (bluray and Netflix). I like the richer multimedia experience of kinect. Love the casual games for when I have visitors over.

Last edited:

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I'd definitely blame the Kinect for all of the recent sales. At least that is what made both my sister's family and my parents buy one. They really would have never used it beforehand (even with all of the amazing media settings that I use almost daily here at college), but now my parents are excited for the voice control and my nieces are excited to play games without controllers (they're still pretty young, so the 360 controller is a bit much for them).

Basically, the Kinect makes the 360 reach new audiences that would've never bought just a "gaming console". Now it really has become a media hub.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12