Are you getting the new companion app?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

It's also nice, ever since I used Remote on my iPod Touch (to control a computer playing via iTunes), I've realized Apple's sheer synergy (didn't want to use that word) across their devices is just.... palpable. All of their devices seems to be designed, or at least had tacked on, functionality to work with one another. Where in MS-land, we have xbox... windows (Media Center *may* cut it) a barely useful WHS, WM6 (now WP7! :D)... all as almost sepereate devices without the benefits. I can buy a Zune Music Video from my xbox.... but not my HTC Titan. I can buy Windows Live Games.... owai, they axed that. The useless client now redirects you, online, to xbox.com. We have WHS2011, that cannot (unless if I'm a fail at reading) sync and auto download purchased content from my Zune account (that I buy on the xbox, WP7, Zune client). I have to find it myself and put it up. My HTC Titan needs extra software to support playback from the WHS, and it's not even integrated into the Music+Video hub!

To even view that video I mentioned earlier, I have to search for it on the desktop Zune client, redownload it (it never indicates I have already purchased the video, until after I click buy), then resync it to my Zune Phone. Oh, and the music video in question? Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin. It won't even play on my xbox360, after directly downloading it. Error message indicates no codec support, even though I have the only "Optional Media Update" installed.

I get the feeling MS has lots of talent, but no overwhelming direction... yet.

I'm sorry, I didn't meant to turn this into a rant :(

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I feel like everything will get a lot more seamless and integrated with the launch of Windows 8.

FOR SURE this app will be intergrated..

Just liek SKYP will be an app and probly intergrated ocne WP8 comes out ...

same thing they did with * XBL extras*

no point in having a WORLD WIDE update for 1-2 apps.. lol they waiting for the 500 (mango style)

FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE$$FREE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo