Halo 4 Smartglass Fail on WP8

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So I connected my new HTC 8x up to my xbox view smartglass and sat down to play through the Halo 4 campaign with my son who also connected to smartglass with his Android phone. As he connected, the halo 4 companion app (stats) loaded up and started working as soon as the game started. What happens on my MICROSOFT WP8 phone? I get a message that states "Sorry, your browser isn't able to access this site. We apologize for the inconvenience." WTF?!?! It works on Android (and I suspect IOS) but NOT WINDOWS PHONE?

EPIC FAIL

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty messed up, and hopefully something that will be remedied soon.

From what I've heard, the teams in MS were pretty much ruled by Windows, and Sinofsky from Windows didn't really put much focus at all in making sure things integrated well with each other. Now with new leadership in the Windows division, hopefully this changes.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Sounds like a bug, it should work just fine. Probably need an update to fix is my guess. I would report it to MS though on their support site and see if they give any specific feedback.

Raylz

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
it might be a bug with windows phone 8 and they will need to patch the app to make sure it actually works better .

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
it might be a bug with windows phone 8 and they will need to patch the app to make sure it actually works better .

I got word back from Microsoft that they are aware of the problem and working on it. It is apparently the app isn't reading the browser flag properly - but no word on when it will be fixed. Just seems to me that someone would have tested it BEFORE releasing it. If it were me, and I discovered this before WP8 went out, I would have the app just state "coming soon"

veritasf6

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This is still a bug. I cannot comprehend how Microsoft could let this happen. The Smartglass experience for Halo 4, Microsoft's biggest game IP, should be as good, if not better, on the Windows Surface and Windows Phone 8.

Attachments

• nokia_lumia_920_halo4.png
    nokia_lumia_920_halo4.png
    199.4 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos