Next box......sorry for the lame name

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
@ Robert: I am hoping for more. I do expect a new dashboard by November, as they tend to update that around that time. But I am not sure Major N would have made quite so much effort to post a countdown to that. I doubt they would make a massive fuss about a kernal change.

The current dashboard is fiiting in to the W8 style to a degree already, and there is no doubt that they are looking to get the same look across all products.

It could just be a radical software overhaul, but my wishful thinking is clouding my usually sound judgement, therefore I pick new hardware.

@ Maulerx: I have heard so many rumours on the tech specs my head spins. I never got in to PC gaming so tend not to appreciate the details of the specs as much as I should. So I don't really know what I am talking about in that department. A lot of the comments on other sites say that the proposed specs are a bit underwhelming, is that right?

@Nisse: I had a listen to those recommendations, but time was at a premium so I could only get through a few. Downloaded the mix, so I will have more time to listen later.The mix gave me some new sounds. One of them was a Swedish tune (I am assuming it was), inte prata med framlingar. So I thought I should find out what med framlingar. I tapped it in to Bing and got 1 result.... Could not believe it. The page was virtually blank, not seen that before. Nokia music also gave me some Joel Alme, Magnus Carlson and Hello Saferide (The Quiz) - I seem to remember enjoying that one. Some interesting listening.

I will let you know about Mirror's edge too. Looked online and it stands at ?3, which is just amazing. Not done the BF campaign this time, did BC2 one though. I used to do the COD ones on veteren but got really annoyed when one of the achievements would not unlock. Love the Specopss bits in MW2. I didn't get MW3 or BO2 as I had tired of the multiplayer a bit and was getting stuck in to Battlefield.

Oh and don't get your candles too close to the gun powder!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well of course, there could be the "Pre-Owned Games Lock" which will basically lock each copy of the game to 1 console only. Which would cause a huge amount of outrage if true. My cousin NEVER gives me the sources, so take it with a skip full of salt.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I dove into PC gaming thinking it'd be much better than console! And it is!! However... none of my friends felt the need to but thousand dollar pcs so they stayed on Xbox. Needless to say, so did I because I only play online with friends, so my $1800 pc is now only used for homework... lol

im excited for the new Xbox, hopefully all my friends buy it right away with me!

BokiV

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing that a lot of people speculate, and I believe is totaly wrong is that next xbox is gonna be a beast computing wise. The price still needs to be low, so there is no chance it will be on par with todays gaming machines.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
One thing that a lot of people speculate, and I believe is totaly wrong is that next xbox is gonna be a beast computing wise. The price still needs to be low, so there is no chance it will be on par with todays gaming machines.

I worry you will be correct. They may have to compete with some seriously low cost othe mmachines. I hope they take a punt and make it powerful though, would be worth it. They lost over $1bn on the ring of death debacle. That money could have been spent at the start and got them a brilliant machine.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My cousin's called Rob. And like I said, take it with a skip full of salt as he never gives me the sources. Lemme see if he's registered here though.

I see this almost exclusively on tech websites, and it confuses me every time. If you say, "take it with a grain of salt," you mean to NOT take it seriously, because a grain of salt is a very small amount. (In the original usage the grain of salt was the antidote to a poison, implying the poison was no actual threat.) However, people on tech websites like to say, "take it with a [very large amount] of salt," which would imply to take it very seriously. You appear to be saying the opposite, hence my confusion. Sorry about the tangeant.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I would be shocked if that happened. Steam has their own box coming and Gabe is a vocal opponent of MS' policy of have a closed garden approach to gaming.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking that they may offer two payment options. One to buy the console on the spot at ?300 - ?350. The other option may be the subscription model with a low upfront cost, possibly ?100 upfront + ?9.99 per month which includes Xbox Live gold membership.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Kotaku has been posting heavily recently about PS4 & Xbox. I hope both companies have further surprises as there is a boat load of info already out. There spec figures for both must now be almost certain as multiple sites post similar figures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb