IllumiRoom

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice how it can detect and outline physical objects in the room and apply visual effects to them? It gives the bookshelves a sense of physical manipulation, although when observed carefully you notice the original object is still there.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh Lord, I think that looks stunning. I had not seen the demo until just now, had an idea it might be something like this, possibly something similar to Philip's Ambi-light. I didn't expect it to be quite as good as it looks. Sadly, I reckon this demo may prove a little too ambitious to turn into a feature.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
See my guess is that if this was going to make it in to the next Xbox, it would not have been shown off now. They have ruined given up the E3 wow factor if it was going to be a feature.

Incidentally, did they say what equipment they are using? I understand Kinect is in there somewhere, but the projector and processing power, where is that coming from?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am sure it would be... Wonder what tech is required though. The demo was given in conjunction with Samsung, so I wonder if it requires the TV to have the components built in. Would be quite a niche project if they did. I had assumed that MS would be able to build the hardware as an add on to the next box.

Siting the equipment may be an issue. And how does kinect take a view of the while room, you would have to move it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss