In store stock on release?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't preordered it yet, and the closest I can get it is ordering it on amazon and I receive it new years eve. Do you think stores will receive shipments on launch day, like best buy, target, GameStop, etc? Will they allow to reserve? If anyone knows, please respond. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
According to a Microsoft exec last month, the answer is yes. While pre-orders have been sold out, according to the exec (I cannot remember which), Microsoft's plan was to insure that at launch, you'd still be able to walk into retail, and pick one up if you wanted.

Now that does not in any way indicate exactly how many will be made available outside of pre-orders, but at the very least it means that if you are quick about it, you should be able to get one on, or shortly after launch, if you do not procrastinate.

I'm gonna try and search for the link to the interview where I read that, just for clarity sake.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I remember when the Wii came out, someone set up a website that somehow kept track of availability at various stores surrounding your location. The moment I saw one available at 8 AM at a Walmart, I ran there lol. Hopefully there will be something like that for the X1.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember when the Wii came out, someone set up a website that somehow kept track of availability at various stores surrounding your location. The moment I saw one available at 8 AM at a Walmart, I ran there lol. Hopefully there will be something like that for the X1.

Yeah, they have something like that for the iPhone 5S.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
According to a Microsoft exec last month, the answer is yes. While pre-orders have been sold out, according to the exec (I cannot remember which), Microsoft's plan was to insure that at launch, you'd still be able to walk into retail, and pick one up if you wanted.

Now that does not in any way indicate exactly how many will be made available outside of pre-orders, but at the very least it means that if you are quick about it, you should be able to get one on, or shortly after launch, if you do not procrastinate.

I'm gonna try and search for the link to the interview where I read that, just for clarity sake.

I concur with your statement while your searching for the link to the interview. I remember reading the same thing.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
When the 360 came out i didnt pre-order. I went to my wal-mart at about 8:30, they gave out tickets at 10:30 to people in line reserving you one at 12:00. I was the 2nd to last in line to get one.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
None can reserve it for me. Very few stores will receive shipments for non-reserved customers, and very few shipments. I guess I'm going midnight then. :'(

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Personally, until i can walk into a store and see one sitting on the shelf any day of the week, im not too concerned with having one. Maybe that will change when i see the empty hole on the shelf. I cant believe how im not hyped at all for this to launch :p. when the 360 came out i was so anxious this time of the year lulz.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Personally, until i can walk into a store and see one sitting on the shelf any day of the week, im not too concerned with having one. Maybe that will change when i see the empty hole on the shelf. I cant believe how im not hyped at all for this to launch :p. when the 360 came out i was so anxious this time of the year lulz.

I just don't want to go, and they say "Sorry, we're sold out!".

BTW, is there a protection plan I can buy from best buy, target, gamestop, etc for the Xbox one?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo