12-14-2016 11:40 AM
244 1234 ...
tools
    People we have a Problem. "MICROSOFT IS LYING TO US" Customer who has broken devices. I contacted Microsoft on the 22 about my broken device they sent me a e-mail that my order has been process and I will receive a replacement in 2 day. its now 3 day and I have not receive a tracking number from MS for my replacement XBOX ONE. I called there customer service line this morning. now they are telling me that there are so many broken device that it is going to take up to 14 days before a replacement is sent. I guess they are having a very high failure rate on these devices and are not saying so publicly. I don't care about free games they are offering I just want my XBOX.
    Did they say it'd arrive in 2 days or 2 BUSINESS days? That's a huge difference, especially if you called them on the 22nd (a Friday) and there is (usually) no mail on Saturday or Sunday with those types of things. I'd imagine your package would arrive either today or tomorrow...
    11-26-2013 10:31 AM
    I have encountered 2 problems so far:

1. I went to Xbox Music and tried to play some Eminem and got this message: "Can't play. You're not old enough to play explicit content. More Info 0xc00d1355 (0xc1010098)". I am the head of the household. I set up the console. If I click the "more info" link it takes me to a page about parental controls on Xbox Live settings for Xbox 360 on Xbox.com, but it's not helpful.
    I'm willing to bet that you are/were in an Xbox Live family pack. Only the primary person is considered an adult, the rest Microsoft assumes are children and there's no way I could find to change that. It's pretty damn stupid, I had mine and my wife's account in a family pack and I couldn't get her seen as an adult. Try to switch yourself to be the primary member. If they've already scrapped your family account giving you all one year of live then it's maybe a setting somewhere.
    11-26-2013 03:25 PM
    Did they say it'd arrive in 2 days or 2 BUSINESS days? That's a huge difference, especially if you called them on the 22nd (a Friday) and there is (usually) no mail on Saturday or Sunday with those types of things. I'd imagine your package would arrive either today or tomorrow...
    In 2 business day. So that means I would get it today or tomorrow. They also said I would receive a tracking number from FedEx. I did not receive one so I contacted them. that's when they told me I might now receive it until 14 days time. due to back log.
    11-26-2013 04:40 PM
    my unit is scratched on front panel right above the blueray disc tray. bit pisssed off, but will probably keep it.
    Last edited by minus365; 11-28-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    11-28-2013 06:10 AM
    I have an issue with my controller and the plug and play pack. When it's on wireless it seems to disconnect every 5 or 10 minutes but it'll stay connected with the cable in. I'm not getting any low battery warnings and if I press the X again it'll reconnect and be find for another 5 or 10 minutes, not sure if it's a software issue?
    11-28-2013 06:51 AM
    I've got serious lip sync problems with the TV app and no tweaking in settings resolves it, cant adjust the audio to add delay (the usual way to resolve lip sync) as the video is ahead of audio!! Looks like it could be linked to the 50/60hz fault on all UK boxes causing picture stutters too. MS hopefully going to patch this!!!
    11-29-2013 01:17 AM
    I've had two more problems arise:
    1. my Xbox Live connection seems to go out quite often. An app will stop working or crash and then the console will tell me I'm not connected to the Internet. I'll go test the connection, it'll say everything is fine (even though it just said everything was not fine and I didn't do anything to fix it) and then it'll work again.
    2. All of my pinned apps just got deleted somehow and it won't let me pin new ones. I'll try shutting off the console.
    11-30-2013 02:17 AM
    Anyone else having issues with SmartGlass? The volume control disappeared on all my devices, and some apps like Skype and Live TV are missing the "play in snap" option.
    11-30-2013 05:16 PM
    I was playing my Xbox One tonight and I earned an achievement and when I held down the Xbox button to check the achievement my system went black and I don't have picture when I turn the system on. I can us voice commands to access features and when I open a game it shows a loading screen then goes back to a black screen.
    11-30-2013 06:42 PM
    Kinect rivals say Kinect needs clear view . I have a clear view! The round puck looking thing is green yet it wont let me play the game there's nothing in the kinects way nothing help please !
    11-30-2013 07:02 PM
    i tried Kinect Fitness to match the heart beat via Kinect sensor, but it somehow doesnt work. Anyone tried that?
    12-02-2013 08:46 AM
    1. I went to Xbox Music and tried to play some Eminem and got this message: "Can't play. You're not old enough to play explicit content. More Info 0xc00d1355 (0xc1010098)". I am the head of the household. I set up the console. If I click the "more info" link it takes me to a page about parental controls on Xbox Live settings for Xbox 360 on Xbox.com, but it's not helpful.
    I'm actually having issues with that on my phone right now, trying to get the new Eminem LP via the free deal... On my One I've set it up so the Wife and I are in a Family... Might that be what is causing the issue? Did you ever find a solution?

And I agree...right now their site is VERY confusing in that the answers for an issue on the 360 are not the same answers as that on the One but they don't allow much searching for the One solely yet... Their site isn't setup very well to distinguish between the two gens.
    12-02-2013 10:41 AM
    I found a problem in one of the 2 consoles I bought.

The main fan in the console didnt sound normal. I had to get very close to hear it, like about 1 foot. I compared the sound to another console whose fan was running quieter and smoother, and the affected Xbox had a fan which sounded as of running slower, or as if you could hear the blades wobble, or as if it sounds like a sewing machine or some diesel engine, but like I said it was faint and only noticeable from a very close distance.

The sound of the power adapter of the affected console didnt sound normal either. The adapter of the normal console had a faint smooth and steady sound (there is a fan inside the adapter as well, in case you dont know), while the adapter of the affected console had a kind of interrupted or intermittent sound, although very faint as well and only heard from a very close distance of about 1 foot.

However, the affected console seemed to work flawlessly, though, unlike the non-affected console which froze on the initial setup screen (pressing A) and had me restart it, and then later giving me a blank screen while creating my gamerpic from my avatar, forcing me to do a hard restart (power+eject buttons).

I had to return one of the consoles, and I ended returning the one with the unusual fan sound. Probably an electrical or mechanical glitch, which I think is more serious. I am working on the other console now and will do a factory reset and monitor how fast its compared to the other one.

Both consoles had no problem applying the Day One patch, with the disk drive running smoothly as well.
    12-03-2013 11:46 AM
    Has any one receive any replacement console from Xbox as yet

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    12-03-2013 09:40 PM
    My only little hiccup is that sometimes my pinned games disappear from the pin screen. They'll still launch from the app list, but when you click on them, it says that something is pinned when its clearly not. Restarting fixes it, but I assume a patch will fix it.
    12-03-2013 10:02 PM
    My only little hiccup is that sometimes my pinned games disappear from the pin screen. They'll still launch from the app list, but when you click on them, it says that something is pinned when its clearly not. Restarting fixes it, but I assume a patch will fix it.
    Same here. Pinned items disappear sometimes. They usually show up if I pin a new item, or if I sign out and in again. Yes this is a software bug that should be fixed in a future update.
    12-03-2013 11:34 PM
    Miracast is a must and it was promised...
    12-05-2013 06:03 AM
    I've sometimes gotten the situation where the XBOX One turns on, but it doesn't turn on my TV and satellite box... If I turn those on manually the TV will work great, but I won't get the feed from my satellite box - eventually timing out at some point with an 'error' message.

The only thing I've figured out how to fix the issue is to shut down the XBOX One completely (either by holding the "ON" button for 8-10 seconds or unplugging the unit from the power brick), waiting 30 seconds and then plugging it in again and starting it up. Doing that 'resets' something and allows the TV feed to come back on and control the 'on/off' ability of the TV and satellite box like normal.

Hopefully this is just a software issue that Microsoft can work the kinks out of.

The other way that you can 'prevent' this from happening appears to be taking the XBOX One out of standby mode so that when it powers down it turns completely off (which I don't to do) since that'll essentially be doing the same thing as unplugging it for 30 seconds...
    12-05-2013 08:56 AM
    Another tip here -

I've been reading a bit more about how some people have had 'spotty' success with Kinect voice commands (I recall a thread on this board that they need the room in complete silence for the Kinect to work).

In my perusing during some 'off time' today (Advent is jam packed y'all... crazy schedules for this pastor...) I found others who were having some issues. They decided to redo the Kinect calibration and this time, really turn the volume up much louder than normal (which the calibration steps do say to do). When they turned it up really loud for the mic and sound test, they're success rate really improved.

So, for those with spotty success with the Kinect voice commands, re-do the calibration from the Kinect settings menu and when you get to the audio part - turn your volume up really high and see if that helps...
    12-05-2013 01:47 PM
    Another tip here -

I've been reading a bit more about how some people have had 'spotty' success with Kinect voice commands (I recall a thread on this board that they need the room in complete silence for the Kinect to work).

In my perusing during some 'off time' today (Advent is jam packed y'all... crazy schedules for this pastor...) I found others who were having some issues. They decided to redo the Kinect calibration and this time, really turn the volume up much louder than normal (which the calibration steps do say to do). When they turned it up really loud for the mic and sound test, they're success rate really improved.

So, for those with spotty success with the Kinect voice commands, re-do the calibration from the Kinect settings menu and when you get to the audio part - turn your volume up really high and see if that helps...
    I've also read this similar tip from a lot of different sources. People are saying that after doing that, they can pretty much just whisper at Kinect and it picks up the command loud and clear, not to mention just talking with normal voice levels.
    12-05-2013 01:59 PM
    Another tip here -

I'll add a little clarification as well based on what I've read about how it works and my own experience. The Kinect 2.0 uses noise cancellation which is why it wants you to turn up the volume during calibration. That way if you're watching a loud movie or playing a loud game, the Kinect 2.0 can completely ignore/cancel any audio sourced from the Xbone. What may still be a problem though is room acoustics and external noise. So for example if you have really noisy kids/pets/appliance/general ambience, or a massive room that echoes a lot (small ones can too), you'll likely still have some issue. That's more related to voice control in general though, not a specific Kinect related thing. Put your google phone or iphone a little far away and try to use voice control in a really noisy room and you see the same trouble. That's just the nature of voice control in general.
    12-05-2013 06:15 PM
    Is anyone having problems with smartglass app when you go to type the IP address in for your Xbox the keypad only show numbers and a comma no period to correctly enter ip

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    12-05-2013 08:47 PM
    Why do you have to type in your IP address? It just found my xbox one on the network and connected...
    12-05-2013 09:36 PM
    Its supposed to auto detect
    12-05-2013 09:50 PM
    it should only ask for your address if you are on a different network...example only using your cell signal with your wifi disabled...just a guesstimate though
    12-05-2013 10:30 PM
244 1234 ...