Official Xbox One Problems and Solutions Thread

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
is YouTube app working for anyone? i can't use it! everytime i load a video the damn thing keeps buffering every 5 seconds :eck:

i uninstalled, reinstalled several times and nothing change

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has experienced it, but it was worrisome to me and I'm glad I 'fixed' it or at least determined the cause and solution to it.

Anyways - I was playing Titanfall with some friends yesterday. First time through - everything worked great with the party chat audio. I could hear through the headset and I could talk through the headset.

Hwoever, when I got on a little later - nothing worked. The headset itself was 'working' - mute light could be turned on and off and it would beep when it got to the highest volume level. Yet everything was being heard through the Kinect for me talking and I could only hear folks through the TV speakers. It stunk. I thought my headset had broken.

Well - it turns out after looking into the Kinect settings that it was seeing me as 'Guest' and not as 'Matthew.' Because of this - it didn't register anything that I said since my controller was linked to my 'Matthew' account. Since it didn't know who I was, it assumed I wasn't the one who it needed to listen to. This is great when you have multiple people signed in that it can 'intelligently' determine who it needs to hear for each headset and controller. However, it is extremely annoying when you're the only one in the room.

So - if y'all run into this issue - make sure the Kinect recognizes you by going into your Kinect settings. If it doesn't - stand in front of it until it does recognize you....at least until Microsoft comes out with a solution to this potential 'issue.'

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
is YouTube app working for anyone? i can't use it! everytime i load a video the damn thing keeps buffering every 5 seconds :eck:

i uninstalled, reinstalled several times and nothing change

I just use IE. Works well enough for YouTube streaming an occasional video at least.

I'm having the same issue with regards to the XBOX Music App for XBOX ONE, I'm the only person to hold an account in my household as my son is too young and my partner not interested. As such my account settings have always remained the same, yet as of yesterday, 13/03/2014, I have had a recurring message which is as follows:
Can't Play.

You're not old enough to play explicit content.
Find help for this.
0xc00d1355 (0xc1010098)

Does anyone else have a profile on your Xbox? You mention accounts, but I feel that is talking about Music accounts...? Could just be you have multiple users signed in and that disallows ALL users from listening to music when just 1 is underage.

If I'm off base with that, I agree...call in to ask about your permission levels.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi people.... I am encouraged by the monthly updates that the One has bee receiving, looking good. However, the recent players list just does not work on my console. Anyone have any ideas? I have started many threads on the official xbox forums, never had a reply. I always fully power off too, never use the instant on feature.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
anybody notice the fan on the power supply is loud and always running?

In instant-on mode, yes. This is normal. The problem with small fans is that they tend to make quite a bit of noise. That's the reason the console itself is pretty quiet cos of the huge *** fan and good ventilation.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I got hit with the 'grinding noise' from the disc tray. It isn't harmful to any discs that I have (though it can sound terrible). Sometimes it takes 10+ tries to get a game to work when putting in the disc. Very annoying.

Anyways - talk to customer support and they were VERY good at helping me out. They are sending me a replacement console (should be here today or tomorrow) and I'll throw my 'old' console into the box and send it back. I even got a free game out of it for my troubles.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I got hit with the 'grinding noise' from the disc tray. It isn't harmful to any discs that I have (though it can sound terrible). Sometimes it takes 10+ tries to get a game to work when putting in the disc. Very annoying.

Anyways - talk to customer support and they were VERY good at helping me out. They are sending me a replacement console (should be here today or tomorrow) and I'll throw my 'old' console into the box and send it back. I even got a free game out of it for my troubles.

Mine does that every now and then. Just gave it a smack and it was good, but a free game?? I may try that...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You are given a choice between...

Forza
Dead Rising 3
Zoo Tycoon
Ryse: Son of Rome

I chose Zoo Tycoon. My daughters and wife love it.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You are given a choice between...

Forza
Dead Rising 3
Zoo Tycoon
Ryse: Son of Rome

I chose Zoo Tycoon. My daughters and wife love it.

I got a free game too. I also went for Zoo Tycoon, although none of them have bothered with it. I though my GF and daughter would be all over it. I also got a wireless controller too, purely because the replacement box they sent was scratched to high heaven. Took me 2 months to negotiate the extra controller. They wanted me to return it again (would have taken me to Xbox 3). I did not want to send another back so asked them for another option. Oh, I also got 6 months Live too.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My xbox has been acting very strange recently. There are two issues and I'm not sure if they are related.

The first one is that my xbox has completely stopped responding to yes and no when I say turn off. It'll go to the screen, and no matter how many times I scream yes or no, it won't respond. It used to be perfect.

Second, sometimes the voice commands will freeze up and it won't listen to me or even respond to Xbox. And then I'll wait 5-6 minutes, try again and it'll work. Has anyone had issues like this? It's extremely frustrating.

I don't have the beta or anything, and I'm wondering if I need to get it replaced under warranty. I'm not sure what's going on at all. I tried recalibrating the kinect as well. It didn't fix it

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problems with turning off the Xbox with voice command after the update (or at least the last few days?). Problems seems similar to what I have with the Xbox On-command. At least Xbox On I can get to work with a really high pitched voice (thus I never use it), but somewhy the "Yes" part of the Xbox, turn off has stopped working. All other voice commands are still working just about perfectly, but it just simply won't take the "Yes" anymore. And I've basically always turned the device off with a voice command, so I know that this is recent and not how it has acted the past month.

Are you still having this issue? Mine just started doing this a week or two ago

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, has anybody seen this? My XBone is working fine... been playing Titanfall non-stop. Though it does recognize me and log me in, however, other then then main page of tiles, all the other ones to the left and right will never load. It just tells me there is a problem with my connection, even though there is not.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, has anybody seen this? My XBone is working fine... been playing Titanfall non-stop. Though it does recognize me and log me in, however, other then then main page of tiles, all the other ones to the left and right will never load. It just tells me there is a problem with my connection, even though there is not.

Power cycle it, as in hold the power button for like 6s or so or optionally take out the power cable for a few seconds, but I guess the power button is more gentle :p

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Power cycle it, as in hold the power button for like 6s or so or optionally take out the power cable for a few seconds, but I guess the power button is more gentle :p

Fixed. Though I'm not 100% what it was. I did a power cycle the other day, but I did it from the settings menu so I am not 100% sure that was a full blown cold restart because I didn't pay attention to how long it took to boot back up, so it could have totally been user error on my part.

The other thing I just noticed is that when I went into the advanced settings, my XBone had my router IP as the DNS server. I updated my router to push out Google's DNS servers. So either the hard reboot or the DNS fixed it.

I'm guessing it might have been the hard reboot, because I've had no issues with multiplayer and stuff and unless they are just using hardcoded IP addresses (I would assume not) it's been working fine.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Fixed. Though I'm not 100% what it was. I did a power cycle the other day, but I did it from the settings menu so I am not 100% sure that was a full blown cold restart because I didn't pay attention to how long it took to boot back up, so it could have totally been user error on my part.

The other thing I just noticed is that when I went into the advanced settings, my XBone had my router IP as the DNS server. I updated my router to push out Google's DNS servers. So either the hard reboot or the DNS fixed it.

I'm guessing it might have been the hard reboot, because I've had no issues with multiplayer and stuff and unless they are just using hardcoded IP addresses (I would assume not) it's been working fine.

I have the problem with pins and games/apps/video/music tiles not loading every 4-5 days and have to do a power cycle each time. It's very annoying because I don't know how to access the store to check for new DLC if I don't have the tile on the screen. Everything else I can navigate to using voice control. But this still shouldn't be happening as often as it does.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I have the problem with pins and games/apps/video/music tiles not loading every 4-5 days and have to do a power cycle. It's very annoying because I don't know how to access the store to check for new DLC if I don't have the tile on the screen. Everything else I can navigate to using voice control. But this still shouldn't be happening as often as it does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb